Champed 5*Marvel, now what?

Team_Jacob
Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
I wanted to pull for Doom, Marvel and Hela,had a pretty small cp pile + tokens built up (40-50) pulls, (I had a cover or two on Doom and Marvel before opening) and ended up with 7 covers on Doom, 6 on Marvel, and 5 on Hela. Pretty phenomenal pulling, really. Then the 4* feeder plus opening tokens and cp as I got them got me to 13 covers with Marvel. I champed her, then opened one more to get her to 451.

I hadn't thought I'd finish Doom, but if I pull until he's out of latest (at least 3 more weeks), I bet I'll get 2-3 more covers for him and get him in champ range. My real target was Hela in all of this. My highest level 5* champs are 456, and there's a pretty decent chance I'll get more than that on Marvel (who, having used her boosted in this event, I can confirm, sucks). I don't want to level her any higher, so should I just start stockpiling until she leaves latests and wait for Doom to show up in a special package? 

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd get Doom as a bonus, try to pull until he's champable and as soon as he is, start hoarding.

Then when Carol and Doom have left you'll have a huge stockpile to pull from and might be able to finish Hela.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed 5*Marvel, now what?
    Champ them. Champ them all.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the second set of three that I had that exact same thing happen.  Back then I champed Kingpin before Cable, then spent the rest of my time fretting that I would ever champ Cable.

By some miracle, I champed him, then went into hoard mode until KP left.  Now I find that I've champed Captain Marvel, but Doom still only is 2/3/5 and I fear the same chase for Doom before he is forever lost in classics.

A feeder would change everything about my Doom situation.

My Hela is a very unhealthy 1/6/0.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would suggest in the future, unless your cover distribution is garbage, do not champ them. Just save covers on them. That way your not stuck with a high level character that you feel is garbage.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    tiomono said:
    I would suggest in the future, unless your cover distribution is garbage, do not champ them. Just save covers on them. That way your not stuck with a high level character that you feel is garbage.
    I can't see the logic in this.  The first three champ level rewards are a LL token, 5k ISO, and 25CP... is that not worth the relatively small ISO investment to you?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    MushroomGenius808 said:
    tiomono said:
    I can't see the logic in this.  The first three champ level rewards are a LL token, 5k ISO, and 25CP... is that not worth the relatively small ISO investment to you?
    Probably depends on what the rest of your roster looks like. For me, with just 1 non-meta 5* champ (GRRR), champing my Danver5 (3/1/3) would almost surely kill what's left of my MMR in PVP to a degree I wouldn't want to deal with. I'd consider champing Doom (4/2/4) though, since he has that burst heal with board shake and true heal. If I end up with a covered Danver5, I'll probably leave her that way until I can champ more than one together. She is actively bad.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    , I'll probably leave her that way until I can champ more than one together. She is actively bad.
    I actually found her yellow pretty awesome during the essential nodes.  Get some yellow, toss the essential (who wasn't doing anything anyway) and watch them pretty much one-shot anyone and get healed in the process.  
  • MushroomGenius808
    edited May 2019
    MushroomGenius808 said:
    tiomono said:
    Probably depends on what the rest of your roster looks like. For me, with just 1 non-meta 5* champ (GRRR), champing my Danver5 (3/1/3) would almost surely kill what's left of my MMR in PVP to a degree I wouldn't want to deal with. I'd consider champing Doom (4/2/4) though, since he has that burst heal with board shake and true heal. If I end up with a covered Danver5, I'll probably leave her that way until I can champ more than one together. She is actively bad.
    I was assuming he's advising to not champ despite the character being already at 13 covers and level 450, a soft capped character wasn't mentioned.  The OP already mentioned having 5* champs (as high as 456, so I'm also assuming he has multiples), so adding another 5* champion wouldn't make a difference MMR/opponent wise.
  • tiomono
    MushroomGenius808 said:
    tiomono said:
    I was assuming he's advising to not champ despite the character being already at 13 covers and level 450, a soft capped character wasn't mentioned.  The OP already mentioned having 5* champs (as high as 456, so I'm also assuming he has multiples), so adding another 5* champion wouldn't make a difference MMR/opponent wise.
    I only said that since they said they do not want to take her higher. I assumed that was because they thought she was bad. 

So in the future if there is a character they think is bad, do not champ them if they hit 13 covers.
  • MushroomGenius808
    edited May 2019
    tiomono said:
    MushroomGenius808 said:
    tiomono said:
    I only said that since they said they do not want to take her higher. I assumed that was because they thought she was bad. 

So in the future if there is a character they think is bad, do not champ them if they hit 13 covers.
    Maybe it's just semantics here, but to be clear, you are advising them to softcap and not level them up to 450 just to champ them to respec?
    Or are you saying despite the character already being 450, don't champ them to respec if you feel they are bad?
    There's a difference between leveling to 450 and champing.
  • tiomono
    tiomono said:
    MushroomGenius808 said:
    tiomono said:

Maybe it's just semantics here, but to be clear, you are advising them to softcap and not level them up to 450 just to champ them to respec?
    Or are you saying despite the character already being 450, don't champ them to respec if you feel they are bad?
    There's a difference between leveling to 450 and champing.
    I am assuming if they do not want extra levels on a character because they feel they are bad. Then yes I would advise not champing them even if they are at 20 covers.

If a character will in your mind harm your progress or mess up your mmr then do not champ them. A couple of tokens hp and iso is not going to kill you being stored on a character until a later date when they will not be a hindrance to you.