So long, and thanks for all the fish (warning - kinda long)

rbdragon
rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
So I'm sure there are many who don't care about retirement announcements/threads, so if that is you, I apologize.

I started playing this game back in February of 2014. I never got to see the 2AP Ragnorok, but other than that, I think I've seen pretty much everything else. I remember a lot of times where I would finally get the right set up to be part of the meta, only to have that meta nerfed...I always laughed at that. I remember missing out on Hulkbuster because it was released when I was in the hospital for 2 months, and I fell way behind when that was all that was being used...I always laughed at that as well. I remember being really lucky when 5*s were announced and getting Silver Surfer built really quickly...only to see OML/PHX fly past him. That one didn't really bother me that much, as when everyone was complaining about how bad SS was, I LOVED using him and did pretty well with him.

Cupcakes were fun. I know that's controversial, but they were fun for me - the thrill of putting out a cupcake and hoping I could get my shield back on before getting hit was awesome...plus knowing I was contributing to helping others who might not have been able to get to the magical 1200 number was great. I never saw PVP as overly competitive for some reason - I liked the community aspect much better.

My bread and butter was PVE though, and that's where I devoted most (and later all) of my attention for most of the 5 years spent playing. IMHO, Heroics should have come back in some form. Anything that made the game more of a puzzle is a plus. But even though I could, and would get frustrated many many times, I pretty much always had fun playing MPQ. That's just not true anymore, and honestly, it's nothing that MPQ did (or didn't) do.

I want to thank my original alliance, Scarfighters, for taking me in many moons ago and helping me grow in this game. They were a wonderful family to be a part of - a scrappy bunch that would almost always just make it in the top 100 for the season, and do pretty well in PVE. I also want to thank the NJL family who absorbed us and welcomed us into their family - helping us become as good as we chose to be, and always accommodating when things changed.

Lastly, I want to thank all those involved with the creation of MPQ, and those who continue to work on it to this day. You ladies and gents get a lot of grief, but there's something to be said for a mobile game that is still going this strong after 5+ years. And on a side note - thank you for adding Spider-Ham!

And with that, I say my MPQ time has come to an end. It's gonna feel weird not needing to be on my phone at a specific time every day to match gems and watch Thanos wreak havoc on everyone around him, but the time is right to bow out.

Thank you, and to those still playing - have fun!

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dragon you will be missed.  Be sure to keep us up to date on how you and your family is doing.  The community and family of scarfighters and NJL is what makes the experience enjoyable.  I get to meet people like you and others across the country and learn about you and your family.  

Stay in touch
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enjoy your break (that's what quitting seems to be), i was gone for close to a year, it helps, and when you come back, you can be casual and just enjoy! 
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Enjoy your retirement fellow Scarfighter
  • Vengeance
    Vengeance Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Take care and all the best to you.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    #Salute