Peace, Love and MtGPQ

2»

Comments

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2019
    I play because I enjoy the deep complexity of MTG.

I appreciate that I can build ridiculous, often chaotic, builds that rarely work the first time.  So I try them, tweak them, try again, fail, repeat.  But when that build does what I felt like it should, it's a stand-up-and-do-the-happy-dance moment.  The journey to that feeling is why I continue to play.
    This is what I enjoy most about this game.

I play for convenience, I don't have to leave my house and count on other players, who may or may not have the best hygiene (hey mods, this is not a negative stereotype, I really knew this kid in the mid-nineties and he made me uncomfortable) to show up.

I play because every time my Vivien "8 Legged Freaks" build does what it's stupposed to do, it reminds me of how I crushed a $$ Time Walk build with a lucky Blaze of Glory draw.  I would've otherwise had my tinykitty handed to me.

I play because I can pull-off some pivotal last-second awesomeness with an average-average Planeswalker that a lot of folks thought was unplayable (I still haven't figured out what's up with that).  And I do it WITHOUT Blue Suns Zenith!

I play because Chaos Wand is fixed in 3.4.  Bring the chaos!
    Edit: But I don't like all the white-space between my rants above.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's hard for me to be positive about upcoming changes when I think those changes are the death throes of what was once a great game.

But the positive side of this is that this game has some fantastically great potential.  With the right direction and leadership (and communication with the player base) this could be one of the best phone games out there.