R177 Release Notes (4/29/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R177 update!

R177!
  •  We hope you're enjoying the Avengers: Endgame Celebration!

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, there was a character clue.

Either the clue is an Endgame spoiler or there isn't a character coming?

It existed. I saw it!  So did others!  
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have mixed feelings about it 
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    "Enjoy"... 5* Emma Frost..?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Well, there was a character clue.

Either the clue is an Endgame spoiler or there isn't a character coming?

It existed. I saw it!  So did others!  
    I saw it, and I'm pretty sure I know which character it's supposed to reference, but then I spent a few minutes trying to double check and the clue disappeared.

I think it's just early, and if it's for the character two weeks from Thursday, we normally wouldn't see the clue until next week anyways, right? Regardless, it wasn't a clue for Ronin, so I assume it was removed so we can focus on one new character at a time.
  • bluewolf
    The clue timing has been off lately.  Usually the clue appears on a Monday with Release notes, and you get the character reveal the following Mon/Tue and released Thursday, so about 10 days later.

Then the Thanos clue showed up on R175 notes on 4/1, but Thanos didn't get revealed for 2 weeks until 4/15 and released 4/18.  17 days later.

4/15 also saw the R176 release and notes, and the Ronin clue (despite him being thoroughly revealed via D3go email).  And Ronin is revealed today, released 5/2/19.  Again 17 days later.

So if there is going to be a character in 2 weeks, would they post a clue with the release notes for R178 in 2 weeks?  The day they are (presumably) revealed?  Time will tell.

My theory is they had to delay Thanos and Ronin to be closer to Endgame, which may have thrown off their release pattern by a week.  And they wanted to maintain the clue idea and had to go with the extra long leadtime.

I guess we'll see...
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    If the of the clue is an endgame spoiler, could somebody who saw it before it was removed possibly post it in one of the endgame spoiler threads?

I like to try and guess who it is, but I missed the clue
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

R177!

Hmm... @Brigby are you saying that prior to R177, you DIDN'T hope that we were enjoying the Avengers: Endgame Celebration? -- but, that hope was patched-in just now?  :D

(SPOILER: I have been, and am!)
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

R177!

Hmm... @Brigby are you saying that prior to R177, you DIDN'T hope that we were enjoying the Avengers: Endgame Celebration? -- but, that hope was patched-in just now?  :D

(SPOILER: I have been, and am!)
    No  Hope was already in the game. For enjoyment the patch would remove her.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    "Enjoy" could be a reference to the Pokemon Sun And Moon anime...

5* Professor Kukui incoming!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, if nothing changed, why the update?
  • bluewolf
    Every update at least has some kind of push for the planned events and your access to them.   There are probably some tweaks that aren't visible to players that impact the game's performance etc as well.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    bluewolf said:
    The clue timing has been off lately.  Usually the clue appears on a Monday with Release notes, and you get the character reveal the following Mon/Tue and released Thursday, so about 10 days later.

Then the Thanos clue showed up on R175 notes on 4/1, but Thanos didn't get revealed for 2 weeks until 4/15 and released 4/18.  17 days later.

4/15 also saw the R176 release and notes, and the Ronin clue (despite him being thoroughly revealed via D3go email).  And Ronin is revealed today, released 5/2/19.  Again 17 days later.

So if there is going to be a character in 2 weeks, would they post a clue with the release notes for R178 in 2 weeks?  The day they are (presumably) revealed?  Time will tell.

My theory is they had to delay Thanos and Ronin to be closer to Endgame, which may have thrown off their release pattern by a week.  And they wanted to maintain the clue idea and had to go with the extra long leadtime.

I guess we'll see...
    Just out of curiosity, what is the next character supposed to be? 4*? 5*? Would it be an Endgame 5*?
    With Hela appearing early i kinda lost the plot... ☺
  • bluewolf
    With Thanos and Ronin the past 2 releases, the next character will likely be a 5*. The typical release pattern to date is 4/4/5, but sometimes they “skip” a 4 and just release one 4 between 5’s. There are also a couple times when 3 4’s were released In a row. 
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    With Thanos and Ronin the past 2 releases, the next character will likely be a 5*. The typical release pattern to date is 4/4/5, but sometimes they “skip” a 4 and just release one 4 between 5’s. There are also a couple times when 3 4’s were released In a row. 
    Just imagine the shock and horror of a new 3 star. I would imagine most people would go into meltdown  :D
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    peterdark said:
    bluewolf said:
    Just imagine the shock and horror of a new 3 star. I would imagine most people would go into meltdown  :D
    Which is sad because newer players really are getting screwed in general. When I first started a new 4 or 5 star just meant one more character I couldn't afford to roster.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    peterdark said:
    bluewolf said:
     Actually....... anything to help fight 4* dilution. I'd welcome it...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Already got Thanos (Never needed the gauntlet to beat you) and Hawkeye (can we start respecting him now?)
    Still hoping for that 5* Iron Man (Nanotech). Other options?:
    Hulk (the trailers didn’t spoil it?)
    Thor (the trailers didn’t spoil that either!?)
    Scarlet Witch (held off Thanos with 5 stones, why is she a 3*?)
    Ant Man (well maybe we can skip Ant Man)
    War Machine (have to upgrade the suit eventually, right?)
    Other (Disney left a surprising amount of stuff out of the trailers)
    Mew Two (well, that was spoiled already, learn a thing or two from Disney)
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    5* Darth Vader. Red Black Blue.