Endgame Support Vault Odds

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Wow.

1 in 250 for rank 5
1 in 71 for rank 4
1 in 14 for rank 3

The dilution in there makes a pull in Classic Legends look favorable. Don't think I'll be wasting any HP in this.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    i got a 10 pack, ended with only riso for my troubles, not even a perk on something unlocked.  
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's an interesting concept, but supports remain a luxury more than anything else. Not going to waste valuable HP on those odds.

Hard pass.
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    It would be more tolerable I think if the pricing were similar to heroic 40x packs. A lot of players have been priced out of this store given the listed price as it is now.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    It would be more tolerable I think if the pricing were similar to heroic 40x packs. A lot of players have been priced out of this store given the listed price as it is now.
    This pricing does seem to be a bit much.  Hard pass here.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bought one and got a dupe, which is expected based on probability. I will be buying one every day. 

At least the HP cost has been reduced.
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I have all the characters, and i make way more HP than i spend on PVP shields so I will probably get one a day. Got a dup today but 250 HP at this point is pretty much negligible. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're curious about the odds of getting one of the new Supports from a token/pull, it's about 26%, then divided by 4.  Or like a bit more than 6% on each new one.

Unfortunately the odds don't change with a bundle.  You're just buying the exact same chance 10 or 40 X.
  • Warbeast_7
    Warbeast_7 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I bought a single pack and got the arc reactor! I will now be ending my interactions with this silly store on a high note lol
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    I assume that other than cravan, these will add to normal support tokens after endgame is over, right? Just don’t do this ‚only one chance’ stuff, that’s rubbishy...
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I assume that other than cravan, these will add to normal support tokens after endgame is over, right? Just don’t do this ‚only one chance’ stuff, that’s rubbishy...
    They haven't bothered to change the available supports in the normal store since they stopped running the weekly support event, so I wouldn't hold your breath on them adding the new ones in.

I decided the 250HP daily deal was just about justifiable, especially considering how much disposable HP I usually have lying around. Got a 2* Sanctorum, which is fine. If PvE wasn't always so dependent on speed, Strange with that support plus Kitty would be potentially really strong defensively - immediate protect tiles for Kitty to buff. The 10/40 packs seem wildly overpriced, as usual. At least improve the odds for people who might be willing to spend on those.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    I bought a 10 pack. 

3* web shooters was my highest star. A 2* arc reactor, 1* widow batons and sanctum sanctorum.

Everything else was dupes. So 3 of the 4 new supports and an upgrade on a 2* support. I'm happy with my results.

Edit: just went back for a daily deal and got a 2* widow baton.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like that this concept relies on using hp to buy “chances”.  Earning hp is a much more predictable resource.  A daily buy of 250hp is reasonable, and I wouldn’t be surprised if most advanced rosters could buy 2 or 3 pulls a week.  Especially compared to the old method of waiting for h4h offers to spend hp.

with that said the drop rates are awful, I was lucky to have sparehp sobought the 40x.  Net result was 2* ver of the new supports and 80k riso.  Not an awful trade when you consider impost hp and done with slots.  But I would have expected a 40x to drop more 3*.

• kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    I managed to snag the 5* BW Baton with a 10-pack I bought (plus daily deal) so I got VERY lucky. In those 11 pulls I think I also got about 3 Arc Reactors :(

The batons are PERFECT for 5* DD for PvE
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a ten pack which got me a 3* Arc Reactor, 2* Storm Bringer and Strange’s NYC Sanctum and seven 1*’s, which did include the BW batons, but was mostly Red Iso.  All in all, not a bad draw for me.   The Sanctum doesn’t appear anywhere close to as good as Wong, but 3* Thor can take advantage of Stormbringer’s perk and my 5/1/2 Mk XLVI Iron Man is playable enough to justify the Arc Reactor.  I gave BWIW the batons for now, but I didn’t look at them too closely.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a dupe 1* Hulkling. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Thought I'd give a pull a shot, since I don't even have half of the supports in there. Got a dupe 1* Quinjet. Oh well. Gonna just save my HP, the drop rates for anything half-way worthwhile are just too low to bother with.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was curious and so I took a look at how much riso you can get in a week of play (progression only, not worrying about the placement riso which is usually far less anyway).

If you hit progression in 2 PVE and 3 PVP events (and all the node riso) you'd get:

SCL 9
    18650 per PVE (x2 is 37300)
    11550 per PVP (x3 is 34650)
    12250 for 7 days of nodes
    Total of 84,200 riso

SCL 8
    14725 per PVE (x2 is 29450)
    8750 per PVP (x3 is 26250)
    12250 for 7 days of nodes
    Total of 67,950 riso

This isn't a criticism of anyone, but I wanted to know.

The dupe riso rate is really quite low, and if you recall was dropped when Support Circuit was introduced, presumably because their statistics showed that the playerbase as a whole was going to be getting more Supports than before (mostly dupes) and they wanted to control the amount of riso we would get as a result.

Of course, Support Circuit and the therefore assumed increased rate of Support acquisition is on indefinite hiatus.  The recent interview revealed that they do not have a definitive plan of action yet, so it might be several months before we see it come back.