Need a 'fun' target

peterdark
peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
Lately I've got to the stage of "I can't keep forever grinding". I'm not that far into the game either, I've got about 20-25 more 4 stars to get, but with all the 3 stars champed. Currently sitting on 50+ LT's and over 2.5k CP so now I'm just waiting to get enough HP for the roster slots. I've put quite a bit of effort into the game so don't want to quit just yet, I uninstalled it back in 2014 but recently got back into it.

I feel that to keep me going I need something fun to aim for. My main target is to get enough HP for the remaining 4 star roster slots. Realistically I can get 1K a week then can start opening LT's but that's still 20 weeks away at least (unless I get really lucky or if I go for ranking). Has anyone got any interim targets that can keep me going?

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Without pulling Legendary tokens, it's tough. You can try to max-champ some 3's. You can set individual event goals. I don't know how hardcore you get, but I usually aim for t50 every event.  When I've been bored due to hoarding, sometimes I'll see if I can get a t10, instead.

You could also try going full hoard. Pull no LTs, no standards, no elites, no heroics, and no tacos.  Maybe set a goal for yourself like getting 100 of each before pulling any. Could be fun, in its own way.

There are also individual game goals you can try. For example, see how many special tiles you can get on the board at once. I remember taking 3* Cap into a game to see if I could max out the number of protect tiles on the board by continually stunning the opponent with his blue. I also tried to see how many 0 turn wins I could get in an event with 4* Spartacus Hulk + Grockett + Thanos vs the easy nodes. Those can be fun.
  • peterdark
    t50 for every event sounds doable, looking at the rewards this would also give me an HP boost to. Just done a quick count and I've got 20 4 stars left to roster so it's looking like a lot less than 20 weeks if I can hit top 50. Thanks Borstock
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    peterdark said:
    t50 for every event sounds doable, looking at the rewards this would also give me an HP boost to. Just done a quick count and I've got 20 4 stars left to roster so it's looking like a lot less than 20 weeks if I can hit top 50. Thanks Borstock
    Top 50 every day should be your target - at SCL 7 and above this awards 100HP daily that will definitely get you moving towards the slots of rostering everyone.

Use LINE for communication, and join some of the community chats there for PVE brackets, PVP check rooms, etc.  You can start this with any level roster.

Where are you with PVP play?  16 wins for CP, 40 wins for 4* cover will also help you progress. And the HP along the way.

After you are within reach of rostering all the 4's, the game honestly changes (again).  You can pull your LL and CP at a slow rate where you can roster the 5's that do come in, and start looking at PVP more seriously (but only expect better placement once you have HP income to pay for shields).

Do you have a good communicative alliance who will get through some rounds of alliance events, and give you teamups when requested? If not, maybe look in the recruiting thread and find a new one.

Each of these is almost another layer of "meta" for the game.  I know I personally have just gone deeper and deeper in, and find it a great community to be part of.
  • peterdark
    abenness said:
    peterdark said:
    Top 50 every day should be your target - at SCL 7 and above this awards 100HP daily that will definitely get you moving towards the slots of rostering everyone.

Use LINE for communication, and join some of the community chats there for PVE brackets, PVP check rooms, etc.  You can start this with any level roster.

Where are you with PVP play?  16 wins for CP, 40 wins for 4* cover will also help you progress. And the HP along the way.

After you are within reach of rostering all the 4's, the game honestly changes (again).  You can pull your LL and CP at a slow rate where you can roster the 5's that do come in, and start looking at PVP more seriously (but only expect better placement once you have HP income to pay for shields).

Do you have a good communicative alliance who will get through some rounds of alliance events, and give you teamups when requested? If not, maybe look in the recruiting thread and find a new one.

Each of these is almost another layer of "meta" for the game.  I know I personally have just gone deeper and deeper in, and find it a great community to be part of.
    That's good information, thanks, I'm heading towards that target of t50. I guess the transition from 3 to 4 is a long process that is wearing me down.

I PVP up to 40 wins for the cover and the HP along the way already. :)

Communication in my alliance isn't that great but people will help with the teamups. 

I don't think I can spend more time than I do daily (because of real life), so I was just looking for some targets like Borstock suggested, to get me through my grinds :)