Should I spend 600cp or shouldn’t I spend 600cp

First21
First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
For what I read on the forums that Bishop is a good counter against the gritty teams I have my Bishop at 5 covers away from 13 and I am thinking of spending 600 cps to max cover him instead of relying on rng to max cover him, is it worth it?

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    No way.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Nope.  Never.  Ever.

Set him as your BH.  Pull tokens.  You could hit ~4x 5* covers as well as a couple Bishops.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    No, I would not do that either, unless you believe that it will make you much more competitive/successful in PvP.  Without knowing your roster, I imagine it may take some time to make back that 600 CP and you may be best holding on to it and hoarding it for 5*.  I would bonus hero Bishop and focus on any other offers (HfH, vaults, etc) that feature him.  In general, spending CP on 4* covers isn't seen as a very efficient use of CP. Now if you do not plan on entering 5* meta, then Bishop probably is one of the best 4* options right now and an argument could be made for doing it.  If you want more in-depth insight, post your roster in the roster help section and people could give you more detailed thoughts.  
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    What’s your cover balance on Bishop? I’d understand the desire to spend 240 CP on a 5/5/1, as even an average RNG is working against you at that point, but five covers is a tall order unless you really want the character (I’ve personally spend the 120 CP/cover several times, but in each case I knew it was more because I wanted the character ASAP and not because it was the smart play).

600CP is 24 LL/Special store pulls or 30 classic pulls.  With BH odds that *should* give you at least one Bishop, plus 24-30 other covers as well.  If you’re collecting everyone anyway, that’s a lot of waste just to get Bishop.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Do not spend 600 CP on direct purchasing 4* covers.

Maybe, MAYBE, it would be worth it to buy a 13th cover for a key 4* if you also have a shallow 4* roster and are a 4* player. 

But tc, it would almost certainly be a much better move to BH bishop and just pull 600cp of classic tokens.  (And even that isn't a great idea.)

Bishop also takes a lot of damage, so making him a regular part of your rotation could eat up a lot of healthpacks.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do not recommend doing this. But the reason this question makes a little sense it’s because of dilution. Pulling five covers without bonus would require nearly 100 pulls per cover (on average) which would be close to 10,000 CP for 5 of them.....with bonus and a bit of luck you could get away with somewhere around 150 pulls or 3000 cp. You’re still giving up way too many covers. 

Vets with advanced rosters would never do this but less advanced players have many fewer resources and options. 
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    Well the most of you says to BH Bishop and do a token Pull I guess I  should save up to 1000 CP or more to try to get more covers for him and I got over 125 LL tokens but I am saving them for whin a good 5* character comes out since Cap Marvel was a flop. Thanks 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Hela is a good 5 * character against the current meta. Yes, your chances of getting a so-so 5-star Cap Marvel are high, but with 125 LL and 600 CP, you could easily get Bishop fully covered by pulling on your vault if he's a BH. But saving those pulls until after God Doom and Cap Marvel leave is also a viable option. But there's a chance the next 5 star is going to be just as mediocre as Cap Marvel. Really depends if you want to be disappointed now or later.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Absolutely never ever spend CP for a 4* character. Ever.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    As other said, heck no.  (I would use the other H word but might get yelled at).  BH him and move on.