DO NOT SPOIL ENDGAME

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
People have already seen it.  I think for a movie this big and this sold out....or really any new Marvel movie....a month at minimum is the spoiler free zone.

I would highly encourage the mods to permanently ban any user that spoils this movie for the community.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoilers will be removed immediately in general and most subs. Any movie discussion should be in Off Topic, please make sure to mark titles in Off Topic with Spoiler or Discussion so those who have not seen it, can simply not click on it. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    If you don't want a movie or any form of entertainment spoiled then stay away from Social Media or the Internet in general. It's hard now a days to not get something spoiled because the temptation to click is so strong.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    All Engame MOVIE discussions should happen here for now, unless @Brigby starts an official. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78075/avengers-endgame-movie-spoilers/p1?new=1
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,761 Chairperson of the Boards
    No need for any spoilers: in my head Howard saves the day! With some help from Devil Dino of course ;)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:
    No need for any spoilers: in my head Howard saves the day! With some help from Devil Dino of course ;)
    That's close, but here's how I imagine it (from a previous thread):
    "To be fair to your child, if Infinity War Part II ended up with Lockjaw teleporting in a gun-ladened Cable, riding a giant dinosaur, to settle the score with Thanos, would your own inner 8-year old be disappointed or jumping for joy?"

Source: 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/843765#Comment_843765

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Alfje17 said:
    That's close, but here's how I imagine it (from a previous thread):
    "To be fair to your child, if Infinity War Part II ended up with Lockjaw teleporting in a gun-ladened Cable, riding a giant dinosaur, to settle the score with Thanos, would your own inner 8-year old be disappointed or jumping for joy?"

Source: 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/843765#Comment_843765

That sounds vaguely familiar...
  • afsplat
    afsplat Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Isn't there a spoiler in the description on the new Thanos event?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    Shintok17 said:
    If you don't want a movie or any form of entertainment spoiled then stay away from Social Media or the Internet in general. It's hard now a days to not get something spoiled because the temptation to click is so strong.
    I dislike this way of thinking. Remember that great line in X-men 2?
    "Why don't you just stay in disguise all the time?"
    "Because we shouldn't have to."

Instead of putting the onus on people for getting spoiled, why can't people just have some respect and keep their mouths shut.
    I wish everyone would think like you, but sadly from what I have seen when Infinity War came out it's not the case. There were so many news stories online and YouTube videos talking about the deaths and the story that it was super hard not to click. 
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,317 Chairperson of the Boards
    I watched it at midnight. I would be so annoyed if I hadn't and someone posted spoilers. I don't know why people take joy in ruining others' entertainment? 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    Shintok17 said:
    I dislike this way of thinking. Remember that great line in X-men 2?
    "Why don't you just stay in disguise all the time?"
    "Because we shouldn't have to."

Instead of putting the onus on people for getting spoiled, why can't people just have some respect and keep their mouths shut.
    I wish everyone would think like you, but sadly from what I have seen when Infinity War came out it's not the case. There were so many news stories online and YouTube videos talking about the deaths and the story that it was super hard not to click. 
    Worst still when they are coy about avoiding spoilers by not naming the character, but basically describe it. I'm trying to think of examples but don't want to accidentally spoil something I've not even seen yet. So I'm using a spoiler for Age of Ultron as an exampe.

"Click here to see which silver haired speedster doesn't survive Marvel's new movie"

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Definitely, I agree, I think the d3go forum should avoid talking about it for at least 6 weeks 

i got lucky and managed to see it tonight but if I hadn’t then it would have been at least 3 weeks until I got to 

• Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Spoiler: Batman shows up and says “Martha!”
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Carnifexx said:
    If you're going to spoil it, you might as well spoil everything:

Scene: 
    (* Thanos stares off into the distance, his armor hanging up, unused for quite some time.  Batman approaches, however due to Thanos' manipulation of the Infinity Stones, it's a digitally de-aged Adam West with Burt Ward at his side rather than anyone from the last 30 years of DC films *)

"Martha", says Batman, as he carefully and obviously unbuckles his seatbelt and climbs out of the George Barris-created Batmobile.

"HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT NAME!" responds Thanos, suddenly enraged as he turns to face the Dynamic Duo.

"It's...my mother's...name."

"WHAT?!?  ...What....what have I done...mommy?"

"Holy maternal name reuse, Batman!"

(* Now sobbing openly, Thanos snaps his fingers again, but this time everything is restored to how it was, except from the sky descends the word "FRIENDSHIP", in large, rainbow-colored letters.  From seemingly nowhere, Christopher Lambert, Robin Shou and the rest of the Mortal Kombat cast--also de-aged to their 1995 selves--come out in full costume and start a dance party *)

(* Meanwhile, the Avengers arrive on the Milano, look around at what is happening and are very, very confused *)

The End.

Sorry to spoil everything

(...and yes, people who post actual spoilers online without any warning are kind of jerks)
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Ok, seriously, just got back from Endgame. Holy poop! Anyone that is a Marvel fan, there are parts where you will be screaming!
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Easter egg time

Google.com
    Type Thanos

Click gauntlet
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    carlj64 said:
    Easter egg time

Google.com
    Type Thanos

Click gauntlet
    That is fun!
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    ZootSax said:
    Carnifexx said:
    If you're going to spoil it, you might as well spoil everything:

Scene: 
    (* Thanos stares off into the distance, his armor hanging up, unused for quite some time.  Batman approaches, however due to Thanos' manipulation of the Infinity Stones, it's a digitally de-aged Adam West with Burt Ward at his side rather than anyone from the last 30 years of DC films *)

"Martha", says Batman, as he carefully and obviously unbuckles his seatbelt and climbs out of the George Barris-created Batmobile.

"HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT NAME!" responds Thanos, suddenly enraged as he turns to face the Dynamic Duo.

"It's...my mother's...name."

"WHAT?!?  ...What....what have I done...mommy?"

"Holy maternal name reuse, Batman!"

(* Now sobbing openly, Thanos snaps his fingers again, but this time everything is restored to how it was, except from the sky descends the word "FRIENDSHIP", in large, rainbow-colored letters.  From seemingly nowhere, Christopher Lambert, Robin Shou and the rest of the Mortal Kombat cast--also de-aged to their 1995 selves--come out in full costume and start a dance party *)

(* Meanwhile, the Avengers arrive on the Milano, look around at what is happening and are very, very confused *)

The End.

Sorry to spoil everything

(...and yes, people who post actual spoilers online without any warning are kind of jerks)
    Darn, I thought Superman was going to be in it somehow. Might just have to skip it
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    MPQ spoiled Fat Thor years in advance.

**Mod note: Added spoiler tag. -fight4thedream

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnifexx said:
    You say that but there kinda is a Martha moment in the movie

The above is a verrrry mild spoiler and devoid of context, but if you've not seen the movie you still won't wanna reveal that.