One Star to Five Star Thought Experiment

2»

Comments

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

Normal earning is ~10 Standards a day - ~8 from PVE, 1 from DPD, 1 from PVP most days = about 75 years to get 274k standards...

You will be an Old Man when you get a champ Old Man Logan using this method...

(And yes there's way more routes to get the covers needed, I was sticking with the base route of earning standards daily)

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now we at least know why they stopped us being able to buy standard tokens with Iso.... 😉
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think fundamentally this problem is unsolvable.  your endstate is so many generations that even minor deviations spin out of control.  I think a better approach is using a sandboxed account and proceeding from there.  Ideally, this is better modeled by sampling vs trying to work through the underlying math.  Its a shame you can't direct buy stds with iso,  but maybe there is a better approach
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    I think fundamentally this problem is unsolvable.  your endstate is so many generations that even minor deviations spin out of control.  I think a better approach is using a sandboxed account and proceeding from there.  Ideally, this is better modeled by sampling vs trying to work through the underlying math.  Its a shame you can't direct buy stds with iso,  but maybe there is a better approach
    That’s why you would need to build a simulator for this and run it many thousands of times. If you were trying to track all the rewards and have them build in to the result I imagine you would have a fairly high std deviation. If you just use the standard tokens then the bonus hero component should come to dominate your progress and, over a large enough sample size, in this case 100k+ draws each time, you would expect there to be far more convergence of results.