Predetermined Pulls

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Maths and statistics are nice and all that but it really isn't much comfort when you are on the end of these sort of runs. It isn't just high end players either, I'm currently on a 0/18 LT run ,(not my longest dry streak) and the fact that it will break at some point is not really much of a comfort right now but what else is there to do? So do you go back to hoarding and miss out on any chance of Magik? Because I am a bit sick of not getting any closer to the 5* tier after all these years. 18 LT pull's are a huge amount to me and to get nothing, not even a 4* Magik bonus hero is a huge downer. The needle is still in the haystack, the game could give us a break after a while of fruitless searching by lending us a magnet. 
  • David
    David Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Sod statistics.......
    Should we now have a seperate vault for just 5*?
    Even if it costs 50 cp for a draw! 
    There are more 5*s now, and mixed with 4*s in classics..... this is where I see the problem on covering all 5*s when not in latest!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a person that went 2/58 on the Purple Reign Vault with only Thanos in that vault, yes there was a time that they only did one 5* and not 3 of them, I can tell you that day I almost quit this game.   That was the closest I ever was, actually deleted the app from my device.  

The reason I hoard now is because I hate that feeling of a bad streak.  Just recently in the Thor OK and (I don’t remember who it was) vault, I had a 10% pull rate.  When I ask CS to look at this, they said “I was in a healthy range of 15%”. Not once has it been revealed what a “healthy range” is.  I keep on asking, and tell many others to do the same, what is the +/- % off of 15% that is acceptable. It feels like this should be information that is public along with our pull rate.

Currently I have a guy on a 0/60 pull streak and he wants to quit. Why invest money into the game and push yourself for top rewards and all that happens to advance yourself in the game to a higher level is ..... disappointment.  
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    If you just feel bad cause your rate at the moment is lower than expected, stop tracking your pulls and you'll probably feel better.

Also saying the pulling is predetermined is a bit strong. Whether it randomly picks for you when you draw or when a store is created, Random is random (or pseudorandom due to the deterministic nature of computers) it's all the same in the end.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a person that went 2/58 on the Purple Reign Vault with only Thanos in that vault, yes there was a time that they only did one 5* and not 3 of them, I can tell you that day I almost quit this game.   That was the closest I ever was, actually deleted the app from my device.  

The reason I hoard now is because I hate that feeling of a bad streak.  Just recently in the Thor OK and (I don’t remember who it was) vault, I had a 10% pull rate.  When I ask CS to look at this, they said “I was in a healthy range of 15%”. Not once has it been revealed what a “healthy range” is.  I keep on asking, and tell many others to do the same, what is the +/- % off of 15% that is acceptable. It feels like this should be information that is public along with our pull rate.

Currently I have a guy on a 0/60 pull streak and he wants to quit. Why invest money into the game and push yourself for top rewards and all that happens to advance yourself in the game to a higher level is ..... disappointment.  
    I hit 100 LTs, and decided that, as a reward, I'd crack them until I got a 5-star cover out of them.  I finally got one on pull #33.  (Hella Red, putting her at 1/0/2)  The only thing that kept me from getting really ticked off was that it also included a bonus Kitty cover.

Today, I pulled a single token from the Vault with the 5-star variants of Cap, Iron Man, and Spider Man.  BOOM. Yellow Cap.  Great pull rate, but that cover put him at 5/2/0.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    I don't think the predetermined aspect is the problem. Coding-wise, predetermined likely means that each player is assigned a seed that is then passed through some kind of random number generator and generates a random sequence of pulls. Each seed results in a different random set of pulls, but if you know the seed, you can reproduce that specific sequence. In that sense, pulls are predetermined, and people can't re-roll. Removing the seed isn't going to fix or change the variation in the pull rates for different people.

I absolutely agree though, that a streakbreaker is needed. Many people have come up with good suggestions on how to implement it. I hope the devs seriously consider it.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Or you know, maybe they could introduce a new way(s) to earn 5 star covers?  I mean there's only 30+ 5* characters at this point, and now in this stage of the game 5 stars have existed for 3+ years.  There was a point when a 4* cover in the ddq vault seemed like a big deal, I don't even see why they can't add 5stars to newer vaults or possibly come up with some other new solution to getting these covers other than brute forcing RNG by hoarding tokens/CP for a long time.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be great if they introduced a bonus hero booster, I guess they could tie it in to PvE Essentials where odds for the 5, 4 & 3 are boosted that week if set as your Bonus Hero.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or you know, maybe they could introduce a new way(s) to earn 5 star covers?  I mean there's only 30+ 5* characters at this point, and now in this stage of the game 5 stars have existed for 3+ years.  There was a point when a 4* cover in the ddq vault seemed like a big deal, I don't even see why they can't add 5stars to newer vaults or possibly come up with some other new solution to getting these covers other than brute forcing RNG by hoarding tokens/CP for a long time.
    I wouldn’t mind an almost impossible Deadpool node that rewarded a 5* cover. Would definitely bring back memories of early challenge in the clash of titans nodes. Maybe instead of 1 vs 1 it is 1 vs 3. Heck flip the setup so players are forced to select a lone villain against 3 heroes. Ramp up the difficulty and bring back you are meant to lose
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Acquisition should ramp up as shield rankings go up. It makes no sense to continue feeding everything at the same rates when someone is deep enough into the game. 

Packs become less and less valuable with less incentive to purchase. A store that opens at some point past Shield ranking 120 or so with much better odds at 3s and 4s would make sense. Maybe even a very low chance of 5s as well similar to how a standard will very rarely drop a 3. 

Personally, that seems like a logical solution which would promote spending for those with more mature rosters. I don’t know why it benefits them at all to leave vets or those with deep rosters with little to no option for meaningful progression.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    It would be great if they introduced a bonus hero booster, I guess they could tie it in to PvE Essentials where odds for the 5, 4 & 3 are boosted that week if set as your Bonus Hero.
    That's a solid idea.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    When you are at the point that literally all one has in the game is finishing new 5s. Being unable to even finish lousy fives like Cable and Kingpin (in my case) despite earnest and dedicated playing, that is the most defeating feeling in the world.

Us poor "vets", Yada Yada Yada. 
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    I just did 31 pulls to try and get a Hela for the event and went 2/31 on 5's (2 captain marvel, no helas).......6.5% draw rate, 17 token pulls 14 points pulls. No BH
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    I know it is terrible to go on long streaks or be under the 15% "rate" but the system isn't going to change. It is one of the game's primary sources of revenue.  Asking them to install streakbusters would upend the economy of the game.  I am not saying that the economy of the game is good (it isn't) but don't hold your breath for any changes here.  I always thought they have missed out on more $ by not revamping the economy earlier in the game's life but it is probably too late in the game's maturity to overhaul its economy as should have been done long ago.