Should I try to champ kitty and thanos or just keep adding covers to already champed okoye?

Projectus2501
Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
As the title says I have a kitty and a thanos each with 6 covers. I also have a champed okoye.

Should I invest my efforts (cp, 5* and 4* BH) in trying to champion them or is it better just to improve okoye?

Tks!

Comments

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Kitty will greatly increase your PvE speed and can be good to reduce incoming hits in some PvP. She's really dangerous on Luke Cage, Daken and Iron Fist's PvPs, or any other tile creator.

Thanos is good for PvE and for hopping in PvP.

Extra Okoye covers will further reduce the already small number of times you wipe (almost never) and slightly increase speed, while the others give you utility. The meta can change, characters can be nerfed, so diversity is good.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    The more champed characters you have, the better the odds that one will be boosted in PvE, which will really help your clear times.

Okoye is great, but if you already have her champed, put someone else as your Bonus Hero.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you mind saying where your Thanos and Kitty are now?

Side question: Do you have 4* Grocket champed and growing as well?
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    jackstar0 said:

His first posts says both Thanos and Kitty at 6 covers. ;)
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've posted in alliance chat but I'll post the info again if anyone is in a similar situation. 

Its virtually impossible to get 7 covers in an older 5* without them being featured in a store.

From BH you will need 140 5* on average (assuming you dont get screwed on cover distribution).  That's 934 pulls or 23,350 cp/tokens from latest.

If you're trying to finish all classics, it's about 134 cp per 5*, x 30 5* x 7 covers = 28,140 cp.  Variance will be huge but with 210 5* pulls you should get 10 bh to fill the gaps.  120 5* could work (4 from pulls and 6 bh, 3 for each char) but that's still 16,080 cp.  You get back around 3 cp per pull from rewards on average so you can discount that to 13,668 cp.

Best bet is to hoard for the next new meta 5* and theres a chance one of the other will show up in a limited store.  Need 3500 banked cp but you're at the mercy of rng for draw rate and cover distribution. 

I managed to finish my Peter Parker with the newest store, got 4 iron man 4 cap 8 parkers in about 2000 cp.  Was fully prepared to drop 3000 or so for it.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:

It's true, but I was curious if either was in a 1/0/5 type situation where covers might be wasted.

Also Thanos having a feeder makes completing him easier if the covers come favorably.
  • Projectus2501
    edited April 2019
    jackstar0 said:

6 covers on thanos

7 covers on kitty

Yes on grocket. I have all 4* champed except the latest 2
  • Projectus2501
    jackstar0 said:
    jackstar0 said:

It's true, but I was curious if either was in a 1/0/5 type situation where covers might be wasted.

Also Thanos having a feeder makes completing him easier if the covers come favorably.
    No. They are with a balanced distribution of covers. So far...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adding levels to an already champed 5* makes them only incrementally better.  It doesn't really make a significant  difference, I think, unless you get them close to 500, and I'd be reluctant to go that high in case it screws with MMR.  I used BH to complete my older 5*s (I wanted to,) at this point I've finished them all but Hulk and IM46 (both at 11 covers,) and decided that's enough.  I will add that Feeders contributed substantially to completing my older 5*s, much more so than the odd BH 5* cover. Still, I wouldn't have finished, say, Goblin without them.

That leads me to another point - particularly if you're a 5* player Feeders make a really big difference.  According to my spreadsheet, I've pulled 190ish 4* BH - some characters like Peggy and Carol got over 20 levels due to BHs.  Over the long term, that can make a significant difference.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 5* Strange as my BH for over a year and I STILL don't have him fully covered. If I were in your position, I would BH one of the 3 in Latest the next time you're ready to blow your hoard.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    I had 5* Strange as my BH for over a year and I STILL don't have him fully covered. If I were in your position, I would BH one of the 3 in Latest the next time you're ready to blow your hoard.
    I used to do that to facilitate covering the latest 3 more quickly.  The problem is I don't have any real trouble covering them - so these bonus covers end up just being bonus levels in the end, which frequently I don't want or need.  Unfortunately most of the 5*s are mediocre at best.

I'd argue that putting them on an older 5* is a better investment overall, unless you specifically want to champ a particular 5* out of the latest and run a real risk of not doing so before they leave.  If you do fully cover every 5* as they move through Latest, then you're probably best off setting an older 5* so you can have more of them when they come up, and/or one you want to cover.  Between BH and Feeders it's definitely possible to cover an older 5*, or at least get them to the 9-12 level.

This doesn't help for Kitty, at least at the moment, but Thanos has Gamora...