Mass manipulation - how does it work with the new steal mechanism?

Options
Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
perhaps this is bad timing considering the new information on the player level system, but since MM is available in this weeks elite pack, can someone describe how MM is working now.

Under the old implementation, I would have expected all creatures with a cost at X or below would have been targeted so I could choose which to keep and let the rest die.

What happens now, if you have 0, 1, 2 or 3 creatures already on the table?

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you have three creatures, the spell is red and unable to be cast. I found the spell to be too niche to be playable since it also can only take creatures that cost 14 mana or less. The real threats on your opponent’s board always cost more than that. 
  • Tremayne
    Options
    Thank you for your input.

I see your point, just another meh mythic then. 
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Meh for pvp but good for pve heavy token decks or ones we know have cheaper critters? Run creatureless and fill ur side up anyways?
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @Avahad - good point, but blue has so many other good cards to handle that, which does not have a limit of 14. So a very niche card, but with possibilities against some annoying decks in pve 
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This card is absolutely worthless in the first place, so I'm sure it's now even worse with whatever changes they made to how steal effects work. I have it, I've tested it quite a bit, and I have to say I am thoroughly unimpressed with it.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @Matthew - thanks for your input. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Matthew said:
    This card is absolutely worthless in the first place, so I'm sure it's now even worse with whatever changes they made to how steal effects work. I have it, I've tested it quite a bit, and I have to say I am thoroughly unimpressed with it.
    It was one of the first cards I pulled from packs. It always worked in such a way that you couldn't take anything if you had a full board, no option to replace or destroy creatures.
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Used it at first, but is not consistent and too many draw backs. Threw it in the pile of failed attempts