Pulling Vault Tokens for Max Value

Options
helix72
helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
edited April 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Let's say there's 1 specific prize in a 5-day time-limited vault that I am trying to draw. I will earn some tokens from events and plan to spend HP if needed, but I want to minimize how much HP I have to spend to get the 1 prize.

To recap HP prices:
1x: 400
1x Daily Deal: 100
10x: 3600 (360 per)
10x Daily Deal: 2800 (280 per)
40x: 14000 (350 per)
40x Daily Deal: 9800 (245 per)

I think, based on some initial testing, that the best strategy to achieve the stated goal is as follows:

Every day: draw any earned tokens first, then the 1x Daily Deal
Last day (after drawing earned tokens and the daily deal):
1) draw the 40x daily deal
3) draw the 10x daily deal
4) draw the 1x normal repeatedly until success

If at any point I draw the desired prize, I stop drawing, banking any unused tokens for the next time the vault comes around.

I haven't kept track of how many "free" tokens I typically earn, but ignoring free tokens, this drawing method averages about 12,000 HP to get the 1 prize, which makes me think it's never worth it to chase and I should just stick to the 1x daily deal. Spending 12,000 HP on a 4* cover or an LT just isn't worth it for any 4*, even for a baby whale.

Am I off? Has anyone else tested this?

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I basically follow the similar strategy of only using tokens earned from events, and depending on my HP needs and the reward I want, buy the 100 HP tokens.  If it is reward I really desire, I will buy the 10x deal daily, my thoughts on this are that while the 40x deal seems better but only if you would have gotten the reward after your 30x something draw.  Several times I have received the reward I wanted in those first 30 something draws (event tokens + 100 hp draws + 3 10x draws etc.)  Keep in mind I only use this strategy for small vaults, large vaults over 100 rewards I basically don't buy anything because % is so small to get that one or two rewards I really want.  It is a gamble either way and I like the incremental approach.  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I buy the single pull Daily deal every day. That and the various event tokens usually gets me around 20 pulls from the vault, so I usually get one of the four fourstar items. Not particularly interested in getting the bigger packs, but the single pulls give good value for the HP even if it just means you remove Another two- or threestar cover from the vault.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always pull vault tokens/daily deals first.  That way I can adjust BH characters for other tokens as needed.