Razia's Not Working Properly in Journey Through History: Phyrexian Compleation

Options
I have a Razia on the board, but it is not triggering any damage to my opponent when I take damage:

• The permanent support does damage to me every turn, but it is not triggering Razia's effect to deal damage to the opponent
  • I cast Axis of Mortality, but the 5 damage done to me on the opponent's turn is not triggering Razia's effect  

Note: I understand Axis of Mortality technically says "loses 5 life" rather than Razia's "take damage" but the difference in wording is either applied inconsistently or is meaningless.  Other cards that indicate "lose life" such as Final Payment trigger for Razia, and the battle log says "Axis of Mortality dealt 5 damage".

I did get Razia's effect to trigger when playing Smash to Smithereens in the same match.

Another strange interaction: My Razia had lifelink.  When it did combat damage, I would not always gain the amount of life equal to its power/damage done:
  • In one round it had power 13 but I only gained 8 life when defending a 16/16 creature (I was only -5 from my max life at the start of combat)
  • In a later round of combat it had 16 power but I gained 14 life when defending against a 4/4 creature and the full 16 life when I defended against a 3/3 creature in the same round (I was max life at the start of combat)

Comments

• Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is another case of inconsistency between damage and loss of life. It definitely needs to be addressed at some point, hopefully better and more sensical than the summon/cast thing.