The Old and the New: A Retiree Transition / Send off Piece

darkwatcherDEZ
darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
edited April 2019 in MPQ General Discussion

We generally lurk around in the background (as is our nature) and surface on occasion if we have something relevant to share. In most cases we read, study, and learn…

Of late, we noticed a pattern of retirees and those who move on out of frustration / boredom. It makes sense considering how long this (sorta) F2P game has been going. An addiction for some, time waster / escape for others, a virtual collective investment portfolio for the hardened, we are truly impressed and amazed at the efforts at strategy and cultivation made by those who venture here.

To the retirees whom decided to invest more in the real game of life, and to those considering retirement, thank you for your insights and wisdom cultivated from your gameplay experiences. Thank you for the intriguing rants, wealth of true comic lore, or the inside jokes that only comic fans or MPQ players can truly appreciate. We imagine some of you using an oldster voice saying “What’s this Gritty your all afraid of? Back in my day you were afraid of 1* Venom (pre-Nerf) and a few web tiles. You would learn to skip past Charlie’s Angels or Hulkbuster….” Thank you for the pranks that made 4* Dazzler a reality.

We’ve lurked enough to see newbs become the learned, and to see retirees make a comeback tour. We wouldn’t be surprised if some of you formed an all retiree alliance. We seem to be rambling now…so we will just simply get off your lawn and say thanks and regards…

Comments

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    I’ve quit twice and keep coming back because of the passion we have for this game.  I retired from a top 100 and am coasting in a small alliance of five newer players.

It’s the interaction I love without the time commitment. I’m doing my best to teach them from my experience and playing when I want.