What's the best team in pve at the moment?

Projectus2501
Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
So... in general, Which is the fastest team in pve? Panthos, thorkoey or gritty?

What's the best team in pve at the moment? 42 votes

Phantos
11%
rdevil32Dan9iejp1ChitownBurcee 5 votes
Thorkoye
9%
abmorazMushroomGenius808Bubba3210Greenroom 4 votes
Gritty
78%
OzarkBoatswainsinnerjflKarlemaynGrimSkaldMrBowerssteakleatherjackstar0rdvargas1BasepuzzlerjreddNick441234MalcrofhalirinESN91JackDeath666maguirenumber6CB18qandolsReecohcrackninja 33 votes

Comments

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    To help me decide on my future path.... Thank you
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos / Grocket / Featured 5.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    If I don’t have the featured 5* champed, I like Thor/Grocket/Strange for goons & Thor/Thanos/JJ for tile movers.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Featured 5* + grocket + Thanos is maximum burst damage output, so best for trivial nodes. But it costs healthpacks, and is only available to some vets.

Something like thorkoye + America or Medusa will do more sustained damage in very long matches, but is slower in practice because Thanos crushes trivial nodes on 1 match.

Gritty is very fast most of the time, but suffer occasionally from bad board placement. 

Panthos is nowhere near the meta anymore.  The synergy still works, but it's single target damage and doesn't scale like kitty or okoye.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feature 5*, Thor, America is my go to team for hard nodes and feature 5* and Thor for essentials.  I like this because I usually hav3 a champed essential 5* so I only go through 1 health pack from close to open.

trivial nodes 3* Thanos and a 5* meat shield usually OML or DD

i tried gritty teams and it works but I tend to use more health packs.  I stopped using Thanos mainly because of the health pack use.  If I need to go through health packs I would rather save them for PVP when I use Gritty over 800 points.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thorkoye + 3nos, if you're looking for Thanos use, is probably where it's at. 3nos won't hurt your team much but Okoye can buff the damage to the AI to be comparable to 5* Thanos. Best of both worlds.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wymtime,

Have you timed Thor + America + okoye versus Thor + America + featured 5*?

I think that okoye + America's passive damage might actually oustrip even the match damage from featured 5*.  Sure, it's ~16k damage (or more) for every critical match with a feature 5*, but it's still RNG to get a match.  And america's damage will be ticking for 20k+ easily by the end of a match.  And okoye can heal, so health pack usage becomes 0. 

Probably 6 of one, half dozen of the other, but I am not sure which one ends up being marginally faster in practice.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Thorkoye
    Half Thor, Chavez and Fury are mine. Thor is my only champed 5* and he loves it when Fury makes critical tiles.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    (Top 5 player in SCL 8)

There is no best team for me, it's situational. I don't have a usable 5-star Thanos and with only seven 5-star champs I don't often have the featured five either. But I make do and feel I've gotten pretty fast. These are my most common teams both in essential nodes (and non-essential):

Okoye + Medusa (+ 3Thanos) - This is fast and fairly foolproof, especially if you bring some team-up AP into the match with you. It really doesn't matter what you're facing (goons, active tile-matchers, sentries) because once you have the team-up AP in the bank it's over. (edit: 3Thanos is preferable over 5Thanos here.)

Kitty + Grocket (+ 3Thanos/Medusa) - I use this team almost every time when there are two or more non-sentry goons and I know I'll be able to control the board and prevent too many of Grocket's strikes from disappearing. Thanos is the ideal partner but Medusa is almost as quick if health packs are an issue. Sentries tear up the board too much and the strikes won't survive, however, and I go back to Okoye/Medusa.

3Strange - Like Thanos, I don't have a usable 5-star Dr. Strange so I'm forced to make do. 3Strange's yellow just serves as a delivery method so it matters little how much damage it's doing. If I'm facing a lot of Mindless Ones, Symbiotes, or Ninjas I'll put 3Strange with Okoye/Medusa or Kitty/Grocket and let them boost his yellow to insane proportions. He'll tear-up goon spammers as fast as anyone.

Special Note: The right supports really make a huge difference in PvE.

The value of a Royal Talon Fighter with Okoye cannot be understated. Yes, the extra team-up AP it provides is phenomenal, but it also occasionally does AoE damage at rank 3 when Okoye makes a cast. When that triggers, and she's got some team-up AP behind her, it's usually the end of the match.

The Milano on Grocket generates a 3-turn countdown, at the begining of the match, that does damage. If it survives, it's usually enough to take out one foe. This has sped my clears significantly.

Kitty equipped with Element Guns keeps strikes on the board, and that is useful. There are other supports that fortify tiles in a similar fashion, but the Element Guns also boost yellow and purple - two of Kitty's colors, assuring that she carries her colors and is making matches with an added punch.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:

Okoye + Medusa (+ 3Thanos) - This is fast and fairly foolproof, especially if you bring some team-up AP into the match with you. It really doesn't matter what you're facing (goons, active tile-matchers, sentries) because once you have the team-up AP in the bank it's over.

Special Note: The right supports really make a huge difference in PvE.

The value of a Royal Talon Fighter with Okoye cannot be understated. Yes, the extra team-up AP it provides is phenomenal, but it also occasionally does AoE damage at rank 3 when Okoye makes a cast. When that triggers, and she's got some team-up AP behind her, it's usually the end of the match.

The Milano on Grocket generates a 3-turn countdown, at the begining of the match, that does damage. If it survives, it's usually enough to take out one foe. This has sped my clears significantly.

Kitty equipped with Element Guns keeps strikes on the board, and that is significant. There are other supports that fortify tiles in a similar fashion, but the Element Guns also boost yellow and purple - two of Kitty's colors, assuring that she carries her colors and is making matches with an added punch.
    All that...  Yup...  All of that.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use Thanos and Daredevil. Self healing and the strike tiles means Thano's death nuke hits a little harder.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I use Thor, Daredevil, Thanos for the trivial nodes if I need to get them to half health. Otherwise I replace Thor with OML. Then I generally use Thor, DD, JJ for most nodes since they have full rainbow and can save on health. But I tend to forget I have a champed Okoye. Thorkoye and some cheap/free power like strange or america can make quick work out of hard nodes. For the most part I still value health over speed, even tho I have too many healthpacks and don't play pvp that hard anymore
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I'm playing in 7 or 8, Thanos, 5tarlord and 4* Grocket is my go to team - rarely do you have to make more than 2 turns.
    For 9, probably back towards Thorkoye (partly because I havea 3* Royal Talon Fighter) and throw in Chavez for extra fun though Gritty/Thanos is similar time for me I think (Chewie on Kitty certainly helps) 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    I have a lvl 345 5* Lord (5/1/3), 345 Thano5 (5/0/2) , and 290 4ocket that I use for easy nodes. If there are no waves, this team only requires a single yellow, black, or purple match generally to KO 1 of the enemies, and then kills the rest off of Court Death. Sometimes I'll cycle through to the lowest health one first if there's an Ares or somebody with better than normal health on the node. Typically, this team at these levels will go the exact number of 4x clears on the easy nodes before 4ocket dies of attrition on the final clear. 

For the hard/required nodes it's Okoye (5/3/1 lvl 390 - 4* lvl 200 RTF support equipped) + America Chavez (309, usually +2 ap on all three stacks), and just hang on to those two wingpersons with either Medusa or Strang3 in the middle based on how many goons are involved. 

I don't play for placement, just full progression, but fast clears get me out of the grind faster, so I am always looking for my best option there that saves my healthpacks for the dismal single 5* MMR i have in PVP
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gritty
    Regarding the Support talk, I've got Yaro on Okoye and Atlantis on Thor (both 4* supports) and that means I have fairly solid chances of starting with 10 Green AP before I make a move. The chances of getting 2 more and being able to fire Thor's AOE and ending things quickly in many a match is high.

I realize this is not an option available to a lot of folks, but if you've got 'em give 'em a long look. Each gets up to 2 out of 3 chance to give you 5 Green AP for nothing right away and that's just a gift that never hurts a Thorkoye team.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
     + America Chavez (309, usually +2 ap on all three stacks
    Doesn't that get expensive? I've found that +1 on one stack is is all Chavez needs to get going and sustain.

jackstar0 said:
    Regarding the Support talk, I've got Yaro on Okoye and Atlantis on Thor...

I realize this is not an option available to a lot of folks...
    I have a Yaro Root but it's not ripe.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surprised Gritty is murdering in the polls. I think Thanos is way faster. But then again I slum it in 8. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2019
    Gritty
    Since I only have two champed 5*s (JJ and Phoenix), I play Panthos with 5* Thor (various amounts of covers, but all levelled to 300) on trivial nodes so Court Death can bring Thor down to half health, which is usually managed by the last trivial node. Then, switch to JJ/Phoenix with half-Thor for the rest of the nodes. Phoenix's purple powers JJ's red and gives board shake. Red for both adds useful strike tiles, as does Thor's Raging Fire when activated from Smoldering Fire. Thor's green does about 4K AOE for me, while Phoenix can do 16k AOE when resurrected (plus 5K damage to teammates).

To quote Ultron: "This is the best I can do."
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Doesn't that get expensive? I've found that +1 on one stack is is all Chavez needs to get going and sustain

I guess; I don’t miss it usually. I donit in PVP as well.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Doesn't that get expensive? I've found that +1 on one stack is is all Chavez needs to get going and sustain

I guess; I don’t miss it usually. I donit in PVP as well.
    Stop boosting in PVE unless
    1) you're post ISO or
    2) it'll give you t5 in CL9.

You may think you don't miss if, but your roster does, if you're not post ISO.