Q&A replacement this month?

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
@Brigby in lieu of a Q&A this month (since the questions are all old by now), can we have some other kind of interaction with Oktagon?

Some sort of live chat here with members of the dev team, or some sort of special blog post in how the game is developed with specific insights into how ideas are proposed, cards and events are developed, quality tests/corrects code...ect would be greatly appreciated, and would give us more insight into the things we are frequently asking about (for instance, if all the programming is being done by 2 people the slow response time and bug proliferation makes sense)

I think that would go a long way in alleviating a lot of the anger on the forums and let us make our positions clear with the dev team, since they clearly don't understand much of what we want with the current system.

(fyi there is precedent for this.  For a couple major updates Hibernium had dev team members on the forums answering questions live with the release notes, which was very nice to have)

Comments

• Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    It doesn't appear anyone at Oktagon is a native English speaker so that's not likely to happen.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    It's not perfect, but using Google translate before and after would work... 
    That being said, none of them would probably be given the time for that, anyway. :neutral:

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi @Mburn7

A special blog post might be an interesting idea, although I'm not sure we have the bandwidth to do it for this month. Doing a Q&A is something the team is familiar with, so we have a quicker turnaround with that.

What are some ideas for blog post topics that our team could potentially talk about?

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    The description of a day at work from the different parts of the team, with a focus on their current projects as well as the ideas they have for the future? Nobody here knows a thing about how many there are working on the game nor what they actually do - to me it's equally likely that they've got a strict schedule they made in advance or that they roll a d50 to determine what to do today.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Or what about do they even think about duel decks, anymore? Do they have any thoughts about the current storyline ? Random blogs like that, even..
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi @Mburn7

A special blog post might be an interesting idea, although I'm not sure we have the bandwidth to do it for this month. Doing a Q&A is something the team is familiar with, so we have a quicker turnaround with that.

What are some ideas for blog post topics that our team could potentially talk about?

Gonna quote myself here (emphasis added) because its early and I don't feel like thinking:

Mburn7 said:

some sort of special blog post in how the game is developed with specific insights into how ideas are proposed, [how] cards and events are developed, [how] quality tests/corrects code...ect would be greatly appreciated, and would give us more insight into the things we are frequently asking about (for instance, if all the programming is being done by 2 people the slow response time and bug proliferation makes sense)