ahhh, what to do with hela?

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
got a decent hoard saved up. 40 lt's 4200+ cp. 

with endgame around the corner i guess the prudent thing is pull until she's got a cover for each ability and then see what's coming around the corner. just sucks that doom isn't great and carol is terrible. with rebalances seemingly not a priority will the recent string of poor 5* ever be improved? if not, waiting does seem the best course of action.

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why do you need one of each colour now?  Would you use a three cover Hela significantly more than a one cover Hela?  You'd probably need the other two characters to carry her either way when she's essential.
    If you think you might want to skip either Doom and/or Captain Marvel in favour of whoever replaces them, then it would make sense to preserve as much of that token/CP hoard as possible.  My hoard isn't anywhere near as large as yours, but I stopped pulling once I had a single cover for Hela.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you already have the meta characters champed, I think going for max covers on 5's is not a bad course, at least to 13.  The value of a champed 5E is quite good, especially for Latests and speeds up your clears considerably.

My gut feeling is that we won't see anything approaching an OP Gambit-level character again or for a good long time.  One reason being that the designer who was responsible for Gambit is no longer with the game, and making someone that OP is actually not good for the game.  So hoarding for some imaginary meta character is fine but delays your immediate fun with no promise of actual future value.

Dragging a one-cover version of someone into a 5E isn't fun at all.  Going for more covers is fine, in my opinion.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Why do you need one of each colour now?  Would you use a three cover Hela significantly more than a one cover Hela?  You'd probably need the other two characters to carry her either way when she's essential.
    If you think you might want to skip either Doom and/or Captain Marvel in favour of whoever replaces them, then it would make sense to preserve as much of that token/CP hoard as possible.  My hoard isn't anywhere near as large as yours, but I stopped pulling once I had a single cover for Hela.
    if i'm going to have to use a character, i prefer to have all abilities available. personal preference.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Im firmly in 5* land and have all potential Meta characters already champed so this wont work for everybody. If the oldest 5* in the LTs isnt great I typically pull LTs until I have them champed and the next 5* is released (not necessarily in LTs but their release event has started). If theyre champed then this is when I start hoarding. I usually save up a fair enough hoard to get a nice jump start once the 5* rotation hits but Im not killing my progress on the other 2 5* either. This has been working well for me and I have every 5* since Wasp champed and have even finished off a couple classics through BHs in that time frame. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    got a decent hoard saved up. 40 lt's 4200+ cp. 

with endgame around the corner i guess the prudent thing is pull until she's got a cover for each ability and then see what's coming around the corner. just sucks that doom isn't great and carol is terrible. with rebalances seemingly not a priority will the recent string of poor 5* ever be improved? if not, waiting does seem the best course of action.
    Unless you will actually use hela in some fashion, every cover past #1 is superfluous. 

You have ~12 more weeks to fully cover hela, so if you don't care much about GED or Marvel, your best play would seem to be holding out at the very least for more info about the next 5*.