Planeswalker Discount, Card Pack Discounts, and General Good Deals

Boogeyman
Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
Hello, 

I would like to take a poll about the frequency of sales or crafting discounts. Also, does anyone know when the next sale is coming around?  At the very least, can we be communicated to about upcoming sales?

Do you think sales help the community to get more engaged?

Should there be things like orb crafting discounts?

What about monthly boosts?

Planeswalker Discount, Card Pack Discounts, and General Good Deals 19 votes

Sales and discounts are appropriately timed (Every 6 months)
10%
James13Klep 2 votes
Sales and discounts should be more frequent and at special holiday times
5%
zypheros 1 vote
Sales and discounts could be more frequent (Every 3 months) and at special holiday times
73%
versemageandrewvanmarleWafflesaucecmassive13Azerackmorgue427NinjaEwickedwitch74ArielSiraElektrophorusBoogeymanStalkerOmegaLolrusempyrealFamiliar 14 votes
Sales and discounts should be every day and at special holiday times
5%
Theros 1 vote
Other?
5%
Laeuftbeidir 1 vote

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other?
    As long as there is no new coalition content, I don't intend to spend a single dime. Until then, no sales please. You don't deserve the cookies you could buy from my money
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    I've been playing about 16 months now and I don't ever remember seeing a crafting discount.  I think the only one they did was when crafting was first introduced.

Everyone wishes it was easier to get the cards they want.  The giving of mythics for Rising Tensions was an important step in allowing players to make progress on their crafting backlog... with each new release it becomes more and more prohibitive for new players to have a prayer of keeping up with veterans.  I do like the cheap Legacy mythic cash offers they've been doing... it's another good way to get people to chip in small amounts of money while not generally affecting Standard.

Big sales should be announced in advance to give players time to save towards them.  Otherwise, the random nature of sales encourages hoarding of resources.

• Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Sales and discounts could be more frequent (Every 3 months) and at special holiday times
    @Brigby

Any chance you can pass these results to the decision makers?  

:wink:

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Boogeyman said:
    Brigby

Any chance you can pass these results to the decision makers?  

:wink:

While I can't guarantee anything, yes, I'd be happy to pass this thread along to the rest of our team.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    starfall said:
    Gabrosin said:

the random nature of sales encourages hoarding of resources.
    Google "Limited Time Offer" and you'll find the opposite to be true.
    Those are kind of different. Limited-time usually implies whatever is on sale can't be bought later; the sales here are not for those type of things.