Goodbye, MPQ. Have a Nice Day!

Cactus_Jack_87
Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
Well, guys and gals, it's finally time for Mrs. Foley's baby boy to hang up the boots and flannel and get thrown off the top of a Hell in a Cell into the sunset. I made it just shy of three years of hardcore daily playing, but it is now important for me to make more time for my growing family. I have very much enjoyed being part of the awesome MPQ community, and you all certainly made my retirement that much harder of a decision. I could say a bunch of things about how I wish the game was better, how I wish there were more than two characters in the meta, and how they seem to have given up on feeders, new features or rebalances, but I know I would be preaching to the choir. I woke up this morning and decided that I didn't want to play MPQ anymore, and if you feel like it's sucking away more of your day than you'd like, maybe it's time for you to consider doing the same. But until that time, try to have fun while it lasts, and be excellent to each other. A very special thank you to my former alliances, which are the Puzzle Warriors Three and Longbox Heroes for giving me my start in MPQ, to the entire mighty Lock and Load family, and to all of my Clochard friends, the biggest sweethearts in all of MPQ. For everyone else, here's one last hearty BANG BANG! for you all. Take care!

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a bit sad that the community is losing so many voices lately.  But it's understood.  How many tiles really need matching?

Your humor and fun was a highlight of many a chat.  Best of luck and your reasons couldn't be better.

Thanks for the laughs!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    what are you going to do when you hide from your family in the bathroom?
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Sorry to hear about yet another long-term player leaving the game. I recognise your name from comments on the PW3 podcast. Hopefully the devs will start to pick up on all these MPQ veterans leaving and take their concerns into account, instead of pouring resources into frivolous things such as character costumes.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Sorry to hear another vet is leaving due to the same issues of the game I feel each day...

Maybe my rope is breaking too, and I am aware of this....

Anyway, wish you all the best : enjoy your free time and don't look back   ;)
  • Vengeance
    Vengeance Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    All the best to you my friend.
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Well, guys and gals, it's finally time for Mrs. Foley's baby boy to hang up the boots and flannel and get thrown off the top of a Hell in a Cell into the sunset. I made it just shy of three years of hardcore daily playing, but it is now important for me to make more time for my growing family. I have very much enjoyed being part of the awesome MPQ community, and you all certainly made my retirement that much harder of a decision. I could say a bunch of things about how I wish the game was better, how I wish there were more than two characters in the meta, and how they seem to have given up on feeders, new features or rebalances, but I know I would be preaching to the choir. I woke up this morning and decided that I didn't want to play MPQ anymore, and if you feel like it's sucking away more of your day than you'd like, maybe it's time for you to consider doing the same. But until that time, try to have fun while it lasts, and be excellent to each other. A very special thank you to my former alliances, which are the Puzzle Warriors Three and Longbox Heroes for giving me my start in MPQ, to the entire mighty Lock and Load family, and to all of my Clochard friends, the biggest sweethearts in all of MPQ. For everyone else, here's one last hearty BANG BANG! for you all. Take care! 

Play, quit, take a break, become a casual player. It's all the same to the many-faced dev. A player is no one.  
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Wonko33 said:
    To people who quit, the game is also fun if you play casually,  no pressure to place high etc. Find a small alliance that will appreciate your contribution on boss event and enjoy. I think I like the game more now than i did 3 years ago when I was competitive. 
    1000% this.  Stop caring about placement and you can drastically improve your entire game experience.  You can still earn plenty of rewards by playing your DDQ, and/or PVE to half progression, and/or PVP to 400 or 575.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Sad trombone. Sorry to see you go.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Please gift an up and comer your wit and humor. Or when the kid comes of age get them the new halo phone to play MPQ. By then it will have a new meta and will have fixed Hulk.

Take care
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Soon, you'll be teaching Baby Cactus how to match-3! :p
    Take care and farewell Cactus
  • DjinnBabba
    DjinnBabba Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Good luck and congrats??  I should probably pick up the slack here (in general) and become more vocal.