Event Glitch Stranger Sites

Welforj1
Welforj1 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
Regarding Stranger Sites:
This issue has occurred twice now on separate users. The issue whilst playing the node section The Thing clearly showed full points at level 4, with that in mind I completed it only to find out it wasn't and therefore ruining my chances of decent placement. I also play under another username (novice level) and the same thing occurred this time under the node Boss isn't available. This event is glitched and needs looking at by the Developers. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Welforj1
    Could you try force closing the app and restarting? If that doesn't fix the issue, you could send a ticket to Customer Support, and they can investigate your score. 
  • Welforj1
    Welforj1 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Tombstone, have you been taking lessons from Microsoft help lines, I. E turn it off and on? Thanks anyway, have submitted a chit to the MPQ help desk. And killing the app and restarting had no effect, damage done I'm afraid. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    This has happened to me before.  It happens when the local instance of the game hasn't properly sync'd with the server side.  The local instance thinks you haven't done the nodes and the server side does.

So yes, Tombstone's response was a bit bland, but the side effect of it is that it is *supposed* to force-sync the client and the server, however, i have found that it rarely does.

(this issue is usually isolated to people who play more than 1 account on the same device or use 1 account on multiple devices)
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haha, sorry about that. Sometimes players encounter latency issues in events that cause display issues with the point values and timers that are shown. Force closing and restarting the app can help to refresh your connection to the servers and fix the issue. 

In the event that the issue persists, however, please submit a ticket to Customer Support, and they can look into your scores for the event. They can then look into compensation if they find your points weren't properly awarded. 

I'd also recommend that any players that have this problem continue to play through the event as they normally would. The Support team can compensate for any erroneous points, but they won't be able to compensate for any nodes that aren't played.