BFF Buff list

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
Was looking at the BFF buff list and had to laugh out loud.  Just saw that Kitty and Rockett/Grott is boosted along with Star Lord 5*, Gamora and Yondu.  So I guess you would see a ton of Gritty or GOTG/RG this event.  

Now, if they would have looked at this, this would be a great time to have a Gritty counter boosted like BSSM and Kraven.  This would at least give you a chance against this team.  Guess we will just have to deal with Gritty almost the whole event.  Fun times.  

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who has BSSM champed I am not too worried about it.  I prefer the fact that Bishop is not buffed.  Last event seeing Bishop on a bunch of teams was driving me nuts.  I think the 4* buff list will help out more 4* players and 5* players it will be more like simulator than anything else.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    wymtime said:
    I think the 4* buff list will help out more 4* players and 5* players it will be more like simulator than anything else.
    Not really re: the 4* buff list. If they really wanted to help out 4* players, then they'd buff characters like Rogue, America, Dazzler, etc. to help counter the Gritty and other R4G teams. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    As someone who has BSSM champed I am not too worried about it.  I prefer the fact that Bishop is not buffed.  Last event seeing Bishop on a bunch of teams was driving me nuts.  I think the 4* buff list will help out more 4* players and 5* players it will be more like simulator than anything else.
    I do too but buffed RG and Kitty are still killer. Even if Kraven was boosted that would be great. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Rocket and Groot was boosted from the very first run, but I Think it was only recently (a run or two ago) that they boosted the 4* too.It's interesting that 4* Iron Fist is still unboosted though.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok I was completely wrong.  I forgot this was a 2V2 event compared to 3V3.  Grocket will be everywhere in this event 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    I'm usually have a positive tone around here, try not to complain much.....

But this....  Kitty/Groot boosted....  2v2....  This is just dumb.  This makes me not want to play.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Wins baby wins!!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards

But this....  Kitty/Groot boosted....  2v2....  This is just dumb.  This makes me not want to play.
    I have them both champed, Kitty is 461. I still take defensive losses all the time from a pretty diverse pool of characters. 

I understand the frustration, but there must be some secrets that aren’t being shared much on the forum to getting around this team.

I have to chew through health packs against most good 5s as well, it’s a great combo...but it’s a little exaggerated on the forums when it comes to pvp in my opinion.
  • randomhero1090
    jp1 said:

I have them both champed, Kitty is 461. I still take defensive losses all the time from a pretty diverse pool of characters. 

I understand the frustration, but there must be some secrets that aren’t being shared much on the forum to getting around this team.

I have to chew through health packs against most good 5s as well, it’s a great combo...but it’s a little exaggerated on the forums when it comes to pvp in my opinion.

I am just on the brink of 5* world.  I don't have the high-end diversity.  But I can make my Thorokoye work for the most part.  But this is a real grind.  It takes an already difficult meta and throws gasoline on it.

I feel really bad for the 4* player who is facing level 350-400 Kitty and equal Groot.
  • randomhero1090
    Wins baby wins!!
    Oh I agree. I still can't hit 1200, so I need that 75. But offseason events are slow. I am trying climb/drop and get favorable matchups, but it's taking awhile.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:

I am just on the brink of 5* world.  I don't have the high-end diversity.  But I can make my Thorokoye work for the most part.  But this is a real grind.  It takes an already difficult meta and throws gasoline on it.

I feel really bad for the 4* player who is facing level 350-400 Kitty and equal Groot.
    I can certainly understand that. I wasn’t trying to diminish your frustrations. I was just trying to point out that there is some hope to find a working combo against that particular team. I’m a little surprised there aren’t more suggestions on the teams people use and how they use them available here. It catches me off guard sometimes because I wouldn’t have ever thought twice about facing some of the combos that turn out to be a real problem on defense.

It certainly could be that I play a less than optimal game but it’s a real grind in PVP even with champed Kitty/Grocket unless it’s in sim and I can run Bishop as well. Either way I’m chewing health packs constantly. 

Anyway, they are great for sure...but the grass is always greener, you know? I’d trade for Thorkoye just for the true heal.