Order of priority, and powers that resolve at the "start of your turn"

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
Wakanda Forever says: At the start of the turn, if Okoye is not in front, destroy 1 friendly Team-Up AP.
God of Thunder says: 
At the beginning of each turn, if Thor is below 50% health, destroys X basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.

I originally thought this was a bug that I needed to report, but then I realized it's really just the way the game gives priority first to the Center character, then to the Left character, and lastly to the Right character.

In Hawkeye's PvP, I've been placing Thor to the left, and Okoye to the right, with Hawkeye being automatically rostered to the middle spot. This line-up means that if God of Thunder creates any matches that send Hawkeye or Thor to the front (which happens in this video), because Wakanda Forever resolves after God of Thunder I will lose one Team-Up AP.

But if I put Okoye to the left and Thor to the right (as in the screenshot below), even if God of Thunder creates a match that sends someone not-Okoye to the front, Wakanda Forever has already resolved because Okoye now has priority over Thor, and so I do not lose a Team-Up AP.

Not really a bug, more of a technical issue, and one which can be avoided by knowing the game's order of operations.

(I don't just post rants demanding little things be fixed ;)

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Sorry you just figured this out, but yeah, that has been the case forever.  It's not so much "center-left-right", but that the middle guy is "in front".  It's long been an annoyance to people that don't realize this.

When using Okoye (or anyone that activates on whether a condition exists), always put her as far forward as you can (middle if you can, else left).  In the same vein, always put characters that do things if the triggered event is NOT there as far back as possible (like Medusa, C&D, or Carnage)