Scarlet Witch Uncanny Avenger Costume Bundle (4/4/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Scarlet Witch is going back to her roots and putting on her classic Uncanny Avenger costume! Check out all the details below.

Uncanny Avenger Costume Bundle
  • Start: 4/4/19 12pm EDT
  • End: 4/10/19 12pm EDT
  • Cost: $14.99 USD (converted to your region's currency and/or platform)
  • Content:
    • Scarlet Witch Uncanny Avenger Costume
    • 3x Covers of Scarlet Witch [1 of each ability]
    • 2100 Hero Points

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love the costume! I'd been hoping for an original-design Scarlet Witch for ages. However, not overly keen on the face change for the original design.

Any chance you can revert the face on her original costume but keep the new face for the new costume?
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    If there were a 5* witch... maybe.

Edit:  nvm, I forgot those 5* costumes are in the $70 range.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    That price point for that amount of HP and three 3* covers plus this optional costume is very enticing.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    These deals would seem better if they were promoted as a Hero Points special with bonus Scarlet Witch covers and costume.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    I can't tell anyone how much something is worth to them, but the amount of 2100 HP for 14.99 is approx equal to 700 HP/4.99.   Compared to the actual rate in game of spending 4.99 for 600 HP, you get a few hundred HP more.  But compared to a Loonie - 19.99 for 2900 HP or 725/$4.99 it is a worse deal (in terms of straight HP).  Now again, a few 3* covers and a costume might be 75 HP to some people.

But the HP on offer is not, to me, a "deal".  It is even worse if you were going to consider spending far more on HP, but I think comparing it to the Loonie price and rate makes the most sense.

To me, this offer is not a bonus deal but simply approximately equal to the going rate for these resources, with the costume included.  Which again may seem like a good purchase to some, just not to me.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I likey.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    The headpiece doesn't look like it is on her head, to me. It looks like it is hovering in front of her. But I suppose that could be some sort of weird optical illusion created by my brain that's used to seeing that image a certain way. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    The headpiece doesn't look like it is on her head, to me. It looks like it is hovering in front of her. But I suppose that could be some sort of weird optical illusion created by my brain that's used to seeing that image a certain way. 
    No, I think it's the way her hair goes under it. It would kind of have to be a little way away from her face for her hair to be like that.
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I get and agree with some of the frustration around these costume offers.

That said, I still bought this one. It's not a bad deal for the HP, and I was pretty low since I spent pretty much all my HP on roster spots in the recent sale. I see the costume and covers as a nice bonus, nothing more. YMMV depending on where you are in the game.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    This bundle deal is pretty much the carbon copy of the Kamala Khan one, when costumes were first released. Costume + 3x1 covers + Hp.
    I've overspent with the re-offered scl bundles, so im not getting this one, but im glad they arent just targeting the deepest wallets. I do hope they keep offering a wider range of prices, i think its a good call.
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    It'd be more enticing if her face hadn't just been changed to be weird looking.  Have to pass.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:

It looks like a bad photoshop on top of her head.

That being said it's an enticing offer.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    $18.49 for 2100 HP plus 3 covers plus who cares when it's $24.79 for 2900 HP?  Yes please.  On Steam, anyway.

On Android, $23.99 compared to $24.99, I think not.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    On Android in the UK:
    £14.99 for Logan's
    £13.49 for this deal.

£3.31 from Google rewards equals £10.14 hard cash.

Covers took me over 183 and gave me an extra champ level for Quake, 4 CP and 1000 iso
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a costume I have been wanting for a long time since I love Wanda's comic look and was disappointed they Went with a Movie inspired look. But this... Nope, not tempted to spend on it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't describle the Uncanny Avengers costume as "classic" personally. This to my mind is her "Classic" costume in terms of the one she wore the longest:

Toh-mato, Tah-mato I guess.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I wouldn't describle the Uncanny Avengers costume as "classic" personally. This to my mind is her "Classic" costume in terms of the one she wore the longest:

Toh-mato, Tah-mato I guess.

Yeah
    , that's pretty much what I wanted, but the tiara is a move in the right direction at least.