WAR - Planeswalker Thoughts & Speculation

2»

Comments

• Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    ZW2007- said:
    If only WotC actually gave a toss about this game...

They don't even care enough about leaks during spoiler season to adjust shipping dates to deal with the issue. They absolutely don't have the time to deal with changes in a mobile game.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brakkis said:
    ZW2007- said:

They don't even care enough about leaks during spoiler season to adjust shipping dates to deal with the issue. They absolutely don't have the time to deal with changes in a mobile game.
    What do you mean?  I thought they had some major overhauls after a couple sets got spoiled early a couple years ago.  The last few sets I've only seen spoilers leaked a day or two before their "official" spoiler, which certainly isn't a big deal at all.

But yeah, no way they have enough time or manpower to yell at 2 different subcontractors about a mobile game that makes up a very small percentage of their playerbase.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Mburn7 said:
    Brakkis said:
    ZW2007- said:

What do you mean?  I thought they had some major overhauls after a couple sets got spoiled early a couple years ago.  The last few sets I've only seen spoilers leaked a day or two before their "official" spoiler, which certainly isn't a big deal at all.

But yeah, no way they have enough time or manpower to yell at 2 different subcontractors about a mobile game that makes up a very small percentage of their playerbase.

This entire WAR spoiler season, the Planeswalkers were all mostly spoiled in the first week, of their big "story matters" 3 week reveal. The entire culmination of the Bolas arc and how the book turns out was spoiled midway through last week.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brakkis said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Brakkis said:
    ZW2007- said:

This entire WAR spoiler season, the Planeswalkers were all mostly spoiled in the first week, of their big "story matters" 3 week reveal. The entire culmination of the Bolas arc and how the book turns out was spoiled midway through last week.
    Really?  The planeswalker spoilers I did see, although there were still a bunch of them that weren't spoiled early.
    I haven't seen any story spoilers out.  Some of my coalition-mates and I have mostly pieced it together based on card artwork and flavor text from the spoilers, but haven't heard anything concrete
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Like I said, if they gave a toss, they'd find the time and money. In all honestly, they do have to time and money, they just don't give a toss. D3GO even sponsored a pro tour team to get this game out there. If this game were better, it'd probably gain more traction with the overall M:tG community. 
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Okay, so after seeing the full spoilers, including a few story spoilers, I am highly certain that at least Gideon will get another playable version here, followed by Nicol Bolas.

As for Lili and Nissa, the other two mythics, now I am not sure.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:
    Brakkis said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Brakkis said:
    ZW2007- said:

Really?  The planeswalker spoilers I did see, although there were still a bunch of them that weren't spoiled early.
    I haven't seen any story spoilers out.  Some of my coalition-mates and I have mostly pieced it together based on card artwork and flavor text from the spoilers, but haven't heard anything concrete
    The book was accidentally shipped early in some countries, so the entire story is out there if you want to look for it.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Crazy idea for the War o' Spark "npc" planeswalkers: for all of the PWs that will probably be slotted to supports, what if instead of having an activation gem they trigger when you use a planeswalker ability. Similar to the "Dragon's War" event with the support that gives your planeswalker extra abilities?