When viewing a particular Support...WHY CAN'T WE EQUIP IT TO A CHARACTER???

Options
JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
I'm getting ready to kick War Machine's **** this morning so I do what I always do before a Crash. I check Blonde Widow power's to remind me what she does (power colours, effects, etc.), and then...
I go to the Supports screen to see which Support will best help her kick War Machine's ****.

I decide Chewie is probably the most useful Support for this match, but can I equip it to BW?
NO!!! I CANNOT!!! (Sorry for yelling #notsorry )

I had to go back to the Crash screen, view BW's info page, tap to equip a Support, find Chewie, again, select it, and only then could I equip it.

Apologies for any offense (#notsorry) but if "Stupid Game Mechanics" was a Jeopardy category this would be the Daily Double.

When we're viewing a Support we SHOULD be able to to equip it directly to a character.

You keep adding new Supports so you clearly want us to use Supports and yet nobody is fixing this. And I know I'm not the only person that wants this fixed.

Yes, I'm using "fixed" quite deliberately. This is a broken mechanic that needs FIXING! It does not need 'changing', it needs to be FIXED.

Comments

• MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There are many things wrong with the support interface and how the devs treat supports in general, but this is not one of them. You do realize when you tap the Equip Support button on a character, it works just like if you'd tapped the Support button on the main view, you can view all the same things about each Support and it only equips the Support and starts the two-hour clock when you actually tap Swap Support, right? It's actually better than looking through supports on the Support screen because you're locked out of supports not available to your current character; I tend to flip through supports more this way than on the general supports screen.

If you were complaining that you were looking at supports and only after looking at one did you decide to equip it to a certain character I could see your point, but the situation you describe is you *starting out* wanting to find the best support for a specific character, and *then* finding a specific one to equip. Maybe the interface works differently on Steam, but this comes across as complaining about a "!!!broken mechanic!!!" that's really just you making things harder for yourself through your own stupidity. (And I *am* actually sorry if that seems too harsh and knowing about this says more about me than anyone who doesn't, and it does seem like the Equip Support interface *should* have less functionality or otherwise be different than the general Supports screen, but I mean, why do you think equipping it is a separate step from "selecting" it?)