April Fools Day! (3/31/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Surprise! We're starting the April Fools Day celebration a bit early!

We've got some fun and silly content coming your way, so check out all the details below:

Limited Cover Swaps

As some of you may have already seen, we've replaced some of the character covers with fun "Young" cover variants, including characters like Captain America, Black Panther, and Iron Man.

See if you can find them all!

Kra-Van (Sick Ride) Support

Kraven has a sick, new ride to chase after Spider-Man in. Here is a brief overview of its perks, and you can check out the full breakdown HERE
  • Perk 1
    • Increases damage dealt to Heroes.
  • Perk 3
    • Increases Blue match damage.
  • Perk 5
    • Decreases Enemy match damage.
  • Kraven Synergy Perk
    • When one of Kraven's Countdown Tiles expires, create 2 Black Strike tiles.

Kra-Van Support Store

Players that log in between 4/1/19 12am EDT and 4/3/19 3pm EDT will receive a token to this store.
  • Starts: 4/1/19 12am EDT
  • Ends: 4/3/19 3pm EDT
  • Kra-Van in store at 4x odds
  • Includes all Supports (with the exception of limited Supports, such as Infinity Stones)

Bags to Riches

Spider-Man (Bag-Man) is swinging back into MPQ with his Versus Tournament, and players that log in between 3/31/19 8am EDT and 4/3/19 3pm EDT will receive a token to this event's vault.
  • Features Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
  • Start: 3/31/19 8am EDT
  • End: 4/3/19 3pm EDT
  • Spider-Man (Bag-Man) in Progression and Placement

Comments

• Razuhlui
    Razuhlui Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2019
    Got, the Kra-Van-token, pulled the 1* Kra-Van, looked for the Kra-Van... isn't listed in the Supportlist
  • Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I got a 1* Kra-Van too and it's showing on the support list for me?
  • Razuhlui
    Razuhlui Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2019
    Now its listed^^ And it's the 2* Kra-Ven.

Edit, Kra-Vens first skill, is exactly the same like the Taskmaster Sword, it think its also the same rating. I think we need some support doing this against foes/villans, at the same Rating(looking at you Korg) or not just against Dark-Avangers(Quinjet).

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not early at all, this was posted 5:22 pm on the 1st for me.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's purchaseble for 525 HP.  :o
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Is Kraban going to be limited like infinity stones?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep Mockingbird's cover! I like it more than the original!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's kind of steep, but considering this is the first time supports have ever been directly purchasable, it does make sense...
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Got it on my 2nd pull -- thanks for actually adding this and not just having it be a non-existent fakeout! I am That Person who loves using his champed Kraven ^_^

(Now add the Thanos copter!!! =D )
  • brontag1
    brontag1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    pulled a 1* version of it, but it's not showing in my supports list, ahh well April fools I guess.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    I think the April Fools Joke is Brigby posting "Limited Cover Swaps" in big bold letters. 

I immediately thought we were getting a limited time 5* cover swaps. Now I see the April Fools joke's on us  :o

KGB
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Keep Mockingbird's cover! I like it more than the original!

Really? Hers is one of the few I like more than the Skottie Young alternate.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Why does this create friendly strikes and not enemy strikes? Kraven would almost certainly benefit more from the latter. Great support theme though. Were it not Villains Only, this support would have Bishop written all over it.

I got a 1* Stepford Cuckoos from my free one, took a second draw and got a 2* Shuri's Lab, both new to me. Not really loving the cost of these things, but figured what heck.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, for 525 HP you have:

92% odds for 1☆ or 2☆
    7% for 3☆
    1.4% for 4☆
    0.4% for 5☆

I mean, I suppose it still is better than the huge possiblity from the support circuit vault that you get no supports at all, but still...  Yikes that's pricey.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, for 525 HP you have:

92% odds for 1☆ or 2☆
    7% for 3☆
    1.4% for 4☆
    0.4% for 5☆

I mean, I suppose it still is better than the huge possiblity from the support circuit vault that you get no supports at all, but still...  Yikes that's pricey.
    525hp is a relative number.  HP is fast becoming a “Post-“ resource.  If I hadn’t dropped 40khp on slots,  I would have given this a lot of thought.  Too bad it’s not a full time store.  I would happily spend iso and hp for support tokens and the risk drops
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    What I’d really like to see is a DA-Ban support:

DA-Ban is a crazy cool shut-down play that drops the NO-MO on Dark Avengers in Story Events!
    • Perk 1
      • Replaces Dark Avengers with new opponents.
    • Perk 3
      • Replaces tedious Stories (like The Hunt) with freshened new versions and goalsets.
    • Perk 5
      • Opens an entire new category of Story Events with no placement incentives — so adults with families and jobs can get some QofL back.
    • 4* Synergy Perk
      • Turns any 4* into a feeder for any 5* of player’s choice at levels 280, 300, 320, 340, 350, and 360. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Yepyep said:

DA-Ban is a crazy cool shut-down play that drops the NO-MO on Dark Avengers in Story Events!
    • Perk 1
    • Perk 3
      • Replaces tedious Stories (like The Hunt) with freshened new versions and goalsets.
    • Perk 5
      • Opens an entire new category of Story Events with no placement incentives — so adults with families and jobs can get some QofL back.
    • 4* Synergy Perk
      • Turns any 4* into a feeder for any 5* of player’s choice at levels 280, 300, 320, 340, 350, and 360. 
    I think that's in today's R175 update notes.  Or maybe that was just a pleasant dream.....
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Yepyep said:

• Perk 1
    • Perk 3
    • Perk 5
    • 4* Synergy Perk
    I think that's in today's R175 update notes.  Or maybe that was just a pleasant dream.....
    It probably is in the update since it's April Fool's Day.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    GrimSkald said:
    That's kind of steep, but considering this is the first time supports have ever been directly purchasable, it does make sense...

//Removed Profanity -Brigby