900 progression in bags to riches

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
is a 2* bagman cover. absolute trash.

if you're going to do this run it in the off-season. 

come on.

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kind of missed a trick in my opinion not making every 2* in the vault bagman, especially considering it's an absolute rip off compared to the hela vault.

Anyway I will 575 for the CP in about 10 minutes time and float and walkaway.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Should have been Spider-ham.
    Heck yes. 
  • jredd
    Borstock said:
    It's one event. This is not the snap. We will all survive. 
    it's not just one event. it's another poor decision from a game that's made more of them than good decisions lately.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    I think I remember last year this event being a 'bonus event' ending on a tuesday, not included in the running season. Appearantly this was too much effort this time around? Yeah, it's only one event.. but it still feels cheap.
  • jredd
    also, being an in-season event means if you skip it (which i'd do if it was an off-season event), it will affect season placement. 

it's just a poor decision no matter how you look at it.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Should have been Spider-ham.
    Just came here to say this. Total missed opportunity.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not going to lie, if Spider-Ham was only awarded once a year on April Fools, that’d really suck!

Bags to Riches is my favorite PVP. I’m going in with 2 max-champs this year! So doubly exciting! I’m not quite getting the outrage, honestly. It’s a silly event for a match-3 mobile game. It’s not all that serious. I don’t mean to be unsympathetic to those whom this is a major problem, but for me it’s just silly fun and I’ll enjoy it as such. 

I also have a freshly champed Panther, so this seems like a great event to smash loaners now that I’ve caught up to the 2016* meta!

(*or whenever Panthos was a thing)
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    I'm thinking that with this event you would use some of the characters you wouldn't normally use? So rather than just a mindless grind it could be fun? Or am I wrong?
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Last year this PvP rewarded us with 8.000 iso-8 at 900 points. Even that was better. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    peterdark said:
    I'm thinking that with this event you would use some of the characters you wouldn't normally use? So rather than just a mindless grind it could be fun? Or am I wrong?
    It all depends on your goals and partly your MMR. If you are pursuing season placement, you will probably need to run your better teams to be able to shield at a higher point level.  If you want the CP at 1200, which is really the only reward in this PVP worth chasing, you'll probably be running better teams to get there more quickly.

If you want to play for wins and just goof off, you can run whoever you want.  Similarly if you don't care at all where you end up and just want to play around.  It would be easier to approach it as "whatever, I'll just mess around" if it was off-season.

But all the points I made here apply equally to every single PVP ever.

Bagman himself is horribly slow and will add nothing to your matches, so you're really looking at creating 2 man teams like most PVP's, but even moreso than usual since he's so bad.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    peterdark said:
    It all depends on your goals and partly your MMR. If you are pursuing season placement, you will probably need to run your better teams to be able to shield at a higher point level.  If you want the CP at 1200, which is really the only reward in this PVP worth chasing, you'll probably be running better teams to get there more quickly.

If you want to play for wins and just goof off, you can run whoever you want.  Similarly if you don't care at all where you end up and just want to play around.  It would be easier to approach it as "whatever, I'll just mess around" if it was off-season.

I think I'm in the 'goof off' category and just go for the wins ;) . I don't chase for placements but I do both PVE and PVP for the rewards. Just find that if I start chasing placements I will have no time and real life is hectic as it is
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    My bagman is at 141, so I'm pretty stoked to land a few more covers off of it. Pretty sure this is the same as we get every year on April 1st, but i don't recall if it's ever been in-season or not.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    ...I’m not quite getting the outrage, honestly. ...
    It’s just kind of a drag, man. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hit 900, got my bagman to 143. I’ll check back in tomorrow to see about placement I guess
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks like I should get enough covers to champ my second bag-man, so that makes it worth while.  It really is a testament to the character that I don't really bother looking at the level of the enemy bag-man when picking matches...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i don't see the difference. 
    still the same cp @ 575.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only reward I can complain about is placement.

If somebody had...say...302 bagman covers already on their roster...why do they really need more?

Imagine if people had to make their own fun in this event. Things could get crazy!