I'm leaving MPQ after this season...and here's why

2»

Comments

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    The prior reward strategy seemed to make people happy.  Not sure why they changed.  I don't see the downside of giving people a couple extra 4s or even a 5* 

If anything, people will spend money on HP to buy roster slots :smile: 

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    50.000 dollar.... Speechless.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    50.000 dollar.... Speechless.
    If you knew how much some of spent for a 550 roster, you might get sick.  
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    bundles87 said:
    Maybe I'm being obnoxious asking this question, but I'm also tired of seeing these I'm leaving posts on the forums. Why are you waiting until the end of the season? If you're done be done, I'm sure finishing this season with the anger you clearly have from this compensation will be miserable.
    @bundles87 The reason why people wait until the end of the season is because the PVP season score is cumulative for the alliance reward.  They are not staying for themselves. They are displaying integrity and following through with a commitment with their fellow players so they all have a good alliance reward at the end of the season.
  • DjinnBabba
    DjinnBabba Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    This is a sad precedent.  If I say anymore... it will just become a rant.  What @whitecat31 said, covered it nicely.
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker
    This is a sad precedent.  If I say anymore... it will just become a rant.  What @whitecat31 said, covered it nicely.
    Ditto on what whitecat31 said, and I'll say that Ron contributed similarly to Medusas before that.
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I feel ya Ron. I don’t have the same gripes as you, but I feel your pain. This game has been nothing other than a cash grab for so long, I’m very close to being out the door soon too. I know this game is a product, it needs to make money. I just believe the current system could be tweaked to give the player base more of what they want in terms of QoL while still maintaining profits. They just don’t really seem to notice or care
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    I keep wondering lately if the recent changes are due to trying to draw money out of a shrinking base (maybe) or just the result of trying to increase revenue overall.  Which is of course part of operating a business, finding ways to increase revenue in some fashion year over year.

Supports - some of them - can help players in certain circumstances, but just feel like a thing you're supposed to chase for a loooong time to me.  They fall under the QOL category in a way....but not enough for most players.  Now we see costumes coming more than just about anything else.  People buy them but they don't enhance your play.  I suppose if you enjoy them, then it's a product that makes you happy, but it does nothing to make the game itself more interesting.

Actual QOL changes have slowed so much lately....at least, that's how it feels.

Regardless, I fear that they have shown most of the cards they have in terms of new and fresh content that impacts the gameplay in a significant way.  They can talk about keeping the game going for years, and it may well do so, but that might just mean they churn more newer players. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Which is of course part of operating a business, finding ways to increase revenue in some fashion year over year.
    Can you imagine a business just being content with making the same amount of money each year and working to keep their customers happy enough to support that goal?

I do wonder if the bump in 5* releases is to prompt whales to pump more $ into the game since there's certainly a level of stagnation that's going to set in at that level of the game as well.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every year labour cost goes up as staff gets pay increases. Server costs would also increase if they are demanding more resources. If revenue remain constant then it’s actually eating into profits. 

Anyway, back on topic. Good bye dear friend and hope to see you around. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    I don't begrudge any company that is looking to increase their revenue; as stated, you can't pay people more if the money isn't coming in.

Until someone proves otherwise, I don't think the playerbase has grown much in a while.  The IP plus simple and good gameplay can probably keep it going at a baseline for a while, although true growth in the playerbase and especially at the top end may be past us.