Help us out Devs

2»

Comments

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:

And by easier, i mean that if the calculation is that if someone plays full tilt and it takes them "X" amount of time to be fully into the 4* transition, that time frame should be the same in 2017, 2018 and now 2019.  Since there are more characters added practically every two weeks, the resources awarded should keep up.  For the most part, they do ok with this.  But in the particular example above, they didn't.  Now, the equation is "X + 1 clear." 
    I'm not sure by what definition they are "keeping up".  Other than Support Circuit, they have not modified rewards significantly since SCL9 was added in September 2017.  18 months means 36 characters - about 24 4's and 12 5's.  

It all depends on how you define "being able to transition", I guess.  You certainly will be much farther behind now (29 million iso for 80 4's) than back then (20.4 million iso for 56 4's).

Nevermind how many pulls and covers you'll need in the Era of Dilution.
    Agreed.  I didnt feel like doing the math.  But you did touch on something i forgot; token rewards.

I did mention how much more hp is needed to roster all these people, but left out the chances to get them.  The fact that we still only have one place to spend cp for 4*, with full on dilution, boggles my mind.  There should be at least 3 different stores, with all different selections, so it is easier to chase particular people.

But then again, just add that to the long list of things they need to address, that they don't even communicate with us about.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I think the topic is deviating a bit, so let's get it back on track!

@Warbringa I think you make a really good point. There needs to be a fine balance between both the information our team can communicate and establishing the expectations of the community.

To that end though, where is the line? How much is too much and how little is not enough? How soon is too soon and how late is too late?
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    The amount of communication is at the bare minimum. Event notification through sneak peek thread and new character thread are the extent of it.

What is and has been asked for is development team communication on things like token dilution, supports future, how have costumes worked out, are there special events coming for Endgame, or will it be ignored again.

Every time this topic comes up you act like there was a time when there was lots of communication. In the five years plus I’ve been playing there has never been enough. It has never reached a level of even adequate. It has always been poor to fair. 

I dont expect anything thing to change because this is a dead horse beaten to dust. 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    I have to agree with @Colognoisseur

Most of the communication has come from one side. Frequency of communication does not seem to be what the people are asking; rather the quality of communication. 

Keep your big picture stuff to yourselves until a viable comm date when it will begin to affect the game community. Otherwise, a simple quarterly newsletter will suffice. I say this because all of the feedback you need to understand and cover will be brought up in the reaction to such newsletter. We want to know that our issues with the game are being heard and taken into consideration.

I can go on and on about particular issues, but I can’t speak for the community as a whole. Bring the QoL back to the game and start it with some solid communication.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    It sounds like people want to see the longer term development plans for the game.  Usually studios release that info via vid/livestream/podcast.  A monthly podcast would be cool.  Can't really argue that.  But I also don't know how much D3 can release ahead of time due to the Marvel licensing.

The preview thread gives you want you need in terms of next events, boosted characters, essentials, etc.  Not sure how much more you need to know there.  If you want the previews sooner, I guess I can understand that.  But again, I have no idea how much "sooner" D3 can deliver it.

The only burning question I have, and I really would love to know if/when it's going to happen....  5* feeders.  I believe we are waiting on Kitty, Cable, Kingpin, Doom, CM and Hela.  And I have a hard time believing that 6 feeders are all gonna drop at the same time.

5* feeders are big.  Huge.  It's what is keeping me engaged right now.  I am chasing Shuri for Okoye, and I am sure so many others have a chase of their own going.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

So many good points here and yet all we've had in response is a fairly rote boiler plate answer, sorry @brigby, unfortunately this seems par for the course.

No-one is asking or expecting the devs to bare their soul to us, but some hint that they are listening would be nice instead of the current black-hole absence of communication.  The threads where there's been some minor discussion with input from the devs have been far too rare. 

• chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    It sounds like people want to see the longer term development plans for the game.  Usually studios release that info via vid/livestream/podcast.  A monthly podcast would be cool.  Can't really argue that.  But I also don't know how much D3 can release ahead of time due to the Marvel licensing.

The preview thread gives you want you need in terms of next events, boosted characters, essentials, etc.  Not sure how much more you need to know there.  If you want the previews sooner, I guess I can understand that.  But again, I have no idea how much "sooner" D3 can deliver it.

The only burning question I have, and I really would love to know if/when it's going to happen....  5* feeders.  I believe we are waiting on Kitty, Cable, Kingpin, Doom, CM and Hela.  And I have a hard time believing that 6 feeders are all gonna drop at the same time.

5* feeders are big.  Huge.  It's what is keeping me engaged right now.  I am chasing Shuri for Okoye, and I am sure so many others have a chase of their own going.

You are also forgetting Dr. Strange, Banner and Gambit ( off the top of my head)
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    chris0001 said:

You are also forgetting Dr. Strange, Banner and Gambit ( off the top of my head)
    Archangel as well

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73741/5-feeders-4-champ-rewards-full-list#latest

• Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I think the point about giving the player base feedback from the surveys we are asked to fill in is very strong.