Green Checkmarks misleading

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
I‘m a Day 1400 player and pulled a Baby Token 2 weeks ago. So my playtime is now seriously constrained. Speed-based PVE will no longer be feasible for me, so I dropped from CL9 to CL7 in hopes of reducing game time but still getting progression rewards.

I green-checkmarked every node of this 7-day grindfest and am now 7000pts short of getting the prog reward.

So of course this is due to the 5* node not being worth anything, and I would‘ve needed to play 5 clears of every node.

My point is, why are there green checkmarks in CL7, when they mislead you? Couldnt you please adjust progression for green checkmarks to match up?

And another note - I usually have a 4x clear time of roughly 30 minutes in CL9. Sadly this was only cut to about 24 minutes in CL7, because of all the extra clicks and load times it takes. Please look into this finally... I think nobody here appreciates the fatal time it takes to play this game ideally: 

30mins sub open
30mins sub close (1hr constant playtime!)
10mins DDQ (15 if behemoth is a slog once again or sentries/symbiotes are in the 2* wave)
20-30mins PVP
5mins opening tokens and applying covers
10mins support circuit (only on one day, so averaged by 7 days)
10mins sim (averaged vy the season)

—> 2hrs/day

I have played too many years for optimizing rewards, and knowing to miss out on them only gives my personality 2 choices: Stop the whole game (and be unhappy) or miss rewards and no longer progress (same as stopping).

This is probably a lost cause to write here, since it never gets addressed, but: please please do something about the grind:

- less clears (auto-clears after specific conditions?)
- DDQ autoclead for high rosters
- auto-claim/forward node clears
- better system for sub end/start times that dont require a full hour of play at a set time
- cl10 coming soon? With better prog rewards so placement isnt needed to advance high level players?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Green checks are 6 clears per node, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't reach full prog with that.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Even without doing the 5* node a full 6 clears should get you full program rewards. Have you remembered the extra nodes in the main hub? As well as the loaner node?

I don’t see auto-clears happening though.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 5E node is bonus points only and will only speed up your progression.  The fact that SCL7 makes them worth less hurts mostly players who want placement among the top alliances.

If you hit 6X you should have been done pretty early.

Did you miss final grind during the outage?

Note that your time investment is your choice.  The devs put out a number of nodes that the nuts (like me) play to full progression and placement, taking up a good portion of your time, but the casual player is able to pick and choose from.

I also think that the game is puttering to a stop.  Your personal choice to quit (if you choose that) is probably being made at a very good time.  The issues it faces are very possibly not solveable within the game model (free to play, with a constant attempt to incentivize spending, while making the resources you are pursuing/purchasing less valuable as more and more characters are added to the game).

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019
    Sleep deprivement is getting to me. Yeah. I messed this up badly.

So let me rephrase it a bit: I think, green checkmark should occur to indicate you‘re on track for full progression. The current scheme of reducing points after 4 clears to me somehow indicate, I have played the „minimum“, so IMO that should be the mark for progression.

(I only played 4x clears, which at an earlier time in the game was prog rewards until it sadly was upped to 5x, which I find is not well indicated within the game, and not true in CL9 where 4x clear actually is enough)
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    supergarv said:
    Sleep deprivement is getting to me. Yeah. I messed this up badly.

So let me rephrase it a bit: I think, green checkmark should occur to indicate you‘re on track for full progression. The current scheme of reducing points after 4 clears to me somehow indicate, I have played the „minimum“, so IMO that should be the mark for progression.
    If you play the 5* then 4 clears will get you full progression. With this being a 6-day event the loaner node will get you full points every day as well.

if you don’t have the required 5 then 5 clears should do it with the required 4.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah.. I see your point.

I agree 100% that 4X should have remained the progression mark.

If the devs have no intent of upping rewards to counteract the spread of dilution, at least lower the clears/time needed to reflect the decreasing value of the rewards you are giving.

(NOTE:  Support Circuit only requires 4X + bosses for progression)