I committed the cardinal MPQ sin

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
I spent 720 CP for a 13th Kitty cover.

I know, I know, how many Latest Legend pulls did I just flush down the toilet? How many more classic legends pulls? I don't really care. Seriously.

Here's why:
1 Classic Legends is the armpit of MPQ vaults. I don't spend my CP there as a life-rule.
2 The latest 3 stink right now and it's going to continue to have a funky aroma until Carol leaves. I didn't want to spend on the current three while praying I got a bonus cover for Kitty (probably to be let down). My hoard will have plenty of time to recover waiting for Carol to leave.
The last time I spent my CP 'smartly' to get Kitty, right before she left the latest three, I ended up with a champed Cable and Fatpin instead. Ever since, those two bench-warmers have collected dust while I use my under-covered Kitty daily. (Okay, I was too hard on Cable. He's not a bench-warmer, he's a solid sixth-man.)
4 At 3/4/5 my Kitty was sitting at the absolute worst possible build for 12 covers. Yuck.
5 Immediate gratification. I enjoyed my Kittty immensely as soon as I champed her and will continue to do so tomorrow, and the day after that...
6 Kitty was recently offered as a HfH. It'll be a while before she's there again and I didn't want to wait.
7 It's only CP. I'll make more.

Now, if all this sounds like I'm trying to justify a horrible decision... yeah, maybe. But as soon as I hit 720 after gaining the final CP prize in the Hulk event I immediately champed her in the middle of my clears. I didn't think twice and I don't feel guilty. Was it an economically horrible decision? Possibly.

But then again, whatever else I may have purchased with that CP might not have been as useful as one Kitty cover.

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meh, why would you consider it a 'sin'? Sure, maybe buying covers for CP isn't 'optimal', but if it isn't fun to play the game that way, why even bother playing?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Sounds like points well earned and better spent. Approved. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    If it helps, I don't thinks it's a bad decision. Both, for all your reasons that you listed, and simply because if you have the resource, spend it where it makes you the happiest. Simple as.

Everyone has their own values, and define progress and what makes them happy differently. They'll have different woulda/shoulda thoughts based on those... but what matters is yours. If its good for you, then it was well spent.

So, congrats, and have fun with your new champed Kitty! :)
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    You have spent 750 CP but a championed Kitty Pride will probably repay you in a reduction of playtime and thus more free time. Sounds like a good deal to me :smile:

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh, with token dilution (even with bonus heroes), straight-up buying the cover is the only guarantee you'd finish Kitty in as little as 36 classic pulls, much less 28 pulls from a special store.  As others have said, no shame in this.  I'm positive I've spent more than 720 CP direct-buying 4* covers to finish them so that they'd be usable champs and not useless (or at least very poorly spec-ed) 10-12 cover characters who I otherwise like.

...of course, I'm just a casual player who currently has Wasp as my sole 5* BH (I'd like at least all three powers, even if they're terrible), so what do I know? ;)
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    You would have been good either way. I held out for my GG back in the day throught bonusing (after 3 repeats on his 5 cover purp). 

Also traded in my saved covers on the mere Surfer. He was sitting at 5/2/5 and I couldn’t land his red. 

Both situations have brought me joy and I consider them to be a great example of how getting enjoyment out of the game can arrive in many fashions and are a personal venture.

Good for you brother!
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I once felt the need to justify spending 120CP to champ Nick Fury (just to get him champed), but I earned that back quickly enough, so in fairness spending 720CP to champ Kitty, who defines the current meta, and who would improve your game experience if champed, seems quite reasonable.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like you made the CP sacrifice desired by the devs to finally allow a feeder.

I salute you for your sacrifice!
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Nothing wrong with making a decision that makes you happy, and improves your gaming experience to boot, congrats!
    I prayed to rngesus and managed to get my final kitty cover through classics, but it was so unlikely that I started laughing maniacally when it actually happened...
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    @crackninja That is quite awesome
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    In other news: MPQ announce Kitty Nerf.....
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 said:
    In other news: MPQ announce Kitty Nerf.....
    They'd probably nerf Grocket first. But either way, we all rage quit!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a game. If you're happier, you're ahead. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent at least 600CP direct buying covers for 4*, and don't regret it a bit. If it works for you, go for it!
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Only sin is the 720cp cost.  It should be 500-600 IMHO.  Other then that, congrats!
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Don't know why this would be considered a sin. Did the same thing with Thano5, never regretted it and haven't struggled to keep up with releases. It's a game - you spend resources how it best suits you and what you want at the given time.
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I did the same with my 2/5/5 Dr Strange a week after he entered classics.never regretted it.certainly glad I didn’t wait for his non existent 4 star feeder.enjoy your champed Kitty Dormammu,she speeds up every aspect of this game,which is what we all really want.