Question on ".. and foes", "... and friends" tokens

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
I try to keep one token from every event, mainly so I can "keep" the event artwork for the token screen, as well as a record of the event title. However, I started thinking about the various so-and-so and friends, and so-and-so and foes tokens- are these likely to be only one-time vaults, since they're centered around a character release? Is keeping more than one of each of these types of tokens completely pointless, as they'll never be used in a vault again (or will they?)

Also, I have a token for an event named "Exiles" - does anyone remember what that event was about?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    As far as I know, no Release Vault has ever been run again. It's not impossible that it could, but I wouldn't bother hanging on to any more than your one "souvenir" Token in hopes of that.
    No idea about the Exiles vault.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it has been confirmed at one point by @Brigby that '& friends/foes' vaults are always one-shot. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Off topic though, that's pretty neat... hanging on to those as souvenirs.  Good showing of will power too...  :)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    PuceMoose said:
    I try to keep one token from every event, mainly so I can "keep" the event artwork for the token screen, as well as a record of the event title. However, I started thinking about the various so-and-so and friends, and so-and-so and foes tokens- are these likely to be only one-time vaults, since they're centered around a character release? Is keeping more than one of each of these types of tokens completely pointless, as they'll never be used in a vault again (or will they?)

Also, I have a token for an event named "Exiles" - does anyone remember what that event was about?
    Consider the original reason why you hoarded.  To keep the event artwork available.  If that’s still important to you the chive on bro.  The actual value of those tokens are minisicule.  They are more or less heroics.

btw I still have ever one  character boost that was release with a new char.  I wish I had kept all the hammer Maggie boosts that have long since been retired.  
  • PuceMoose
    Phumade said:

btw I still have ever one  character boost that was release with a new char.  I wish I had kept all the hammer Maggie boosts that have long since been retired.  
    Same here - weren't there also +% damage for X-Men/Dark Avengers as well? I used those up long ago and wish I'd kept at least one of each. I wonder if anyone has a a complete list of boosts?
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    I have some of those boosts still around.  Some I've used up though.  

I fully admit, when coming up from my 3* days into mid 4* territory, I'd use some old boosts to help with the Crash, if and when I could.  I still got some +#% damage against Doombots just sitting around for no reason, and some +3 green/black AP boosts.  

Theres more, but i just cant remember them all.  :)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    PuceMoose said:
    Phumade said:

Same here - weren't there also +% damage for X-Men/Dark Avengers as well? I used those up long ago and wish I'd kept at least one of each. I wonder if anyone has a a complete list of boosts?
    I checked mine. I still have varying amounts of:
    • +20% damage to X-Men / HAMMER / Brotherhood
    • +150% damage to HAMMER
    • +20% X-Men damage
    • +20% 'Character' damage (from various character releases).
    There may have been more, maybe the wiki has a full list.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,317 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just checked as I hoarded these (like health packs...) but have used some up.

Aside from above,  I have:
    11 different retired character boost (Nightcrawler,  MEH, any Hulk, Nico, Kraven, Bl4ck Panther, Shuri, Valkyrie, Jubilee, BWIW and SMIW).
    +150% Damage to Maggia
    +50% Damage to Hammer
    +20% damage to Dark Avengers/Avengers/Mutants/Doombots
    +10% match damage (all colours)
    +20% damage for red/yellow, green/ black,  blue/pink
    +3 AP red/yellow, green/ black,  blue/pink.
    I think I also used to have a +3 all AP but a) may have dreamed it or b) accidentally used it up by clicking too fast through to the next fight after a Crash...
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    PuceMoose said:

I get that these are sentimental value things, but why not take screen shots of all the artwork/ everything you want to keep, and then just use up your tokens normally? Then you could have a whole file of 'My life at MPQ' to look back on when the servers go down and the cylons attack, or whatever happens... Why limit yourself by not using up valuable resources?
  • nordhofsweden
    nordhofsweden Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Scofie said:
    Just checked as I hoarded these (like health packs...) but have used some up.

Aside from above,  I have:
    11 different retired character boost (Nightcrawler,  MEH, any Hulk, Nico, Kraven, Bl4ck Panther, Shuri, Valkyrie, Jubilee, BWIW and SMIW).
    +150% Damage to Maggia
    +50% Damage to Hammer
    +20% damage to Dark Avengers/Avengers/Mutants/Doombots
    +10% match damage (all colours)
    +20% damage for red/yellow, green/ black,  blue/pink
    +3 AP red/yellow, green/ black,  blue/pink.
    I think I also used to have a +3 all AP but a) may have dreamed it or b) accidentally used it up by clicking too fast through to the next fight after a Crash...
    The +3 AP exist. I still got a couple of them. You can also have a +150% to Hammer. I’ve got 31 different retired boosts, but I might be lacking some.
  • PuceMoose
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for the additional boost lists everyone.
    Ed_Dragonrider said:
    I get that these are sentimental value things, but why not take screen shots of all the artwork/ everything you want to keep, and then just use up your tokens normally? Then you could have a whole file of 'My life at MPQ' to look back on when the servers go down and the cylons attack, or whatever happens... Why limit yourself by not using up valuable resources?
    Part of it is that it's kind of fun to flip through all of the screens now and then to see if I've made it up to two tokens on any event token type, then open up one of them. I'll usually do that while I'm killing a couple of minutes before an event starts. It's also sort of neat to see if they update the event art to reflect character art changes. Mainly it's just for fun. :)