5* Doc Ock Green power not firing when fortified then matched [As designed]

Options
Glockoma
Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
The titular case seems odd to me. I’m running GGoblin with Doc Oc since Oc’s revisions and I set his nuclear reactor out to let GG fortify it. Fortifying it seems to nullify the team damage (from matching it) and it just gets refortified the next turn. Is this mechanic something of a bug? There are other fortified tiles in the game that will act as intended when matched (i.e.- 4* Deadpools trap cd tiles). 

What gives?

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Glockoma
    Thank you for reporting this. Could you please send a ticket to Customer Support with all these details and any relevant screenshots? 
  • Glockoma
    Options
    @Tombstone

So I sent a ticket. And I would love to send photos, but outside of creating multiple tickets, I can only send one s/s at a time which fails to show the before and after.
  • Tombstone
    Options
    @Glockoma
    You can send multiple screenshots in the same ticket, but you can only attach one at a time. When you first open a ticket, you attach one image and send the message. Then you go back to the message and attach an image and send, attach an image and send and so on. 
  • Glockoma
    Options
    @Tombstone

yes, I haven’t had to see a ticket in so long that I had forgotten the new formatting. I submitted documentation and hope that it gets fixed as character rebalancing is one of my soapboxes I stand on for the improvement for the game.
  • Tombstone
    Options
    @Glockoma
    Well I guess it's a good thing you haven't had to send a ticket in a while. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. 
  • Tombstone
    Options
    @Glockoma
    Update: We've received word this is functioning as intended. Dealing team damage is dependent upon matching away the nuclear reactor tile. Since the tile is still on the board, it is not considered matched away. We hope this provides some clarity for this issue. 
  • Glockoma
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Tombstone
    I got word as well. Unfortunately, I have always been a fool for consistency. 

4* Deapool’s literature doesn’t seem to care if his trap tiles get “destroyed” or not. After fortification, they will still detonate after matching and be refortified next turn around. 

I thought the same would be true of the new Doc Ock..
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There does seem to be a distinction in the game between "matching" a tile (ie, the tile is part of a match) and "matching it away" (the tile is destroyed as part of a match, and not as part of a line-clear from a match-4 or greater).