Marvel Insider 8500 HP reward sold out?

Mrcl25
Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
I finally got the 300,000 pts needed for the 8500 hp reward, and when I went to redeem it the reward shows as locked. When I click on it it says "Sorry! This reward is sold out."  Does this happen from time to time, will it be available again soon?

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Did you redeem that reward once already? They only let you redeem it one time.
  • Mrcl25
    Did you redeem that reward once already? They only let you redeem it one time.
    Nope, it would be the first time.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Interesting. I'd wait until the month starts anew and they cycle out the Carol reward for something else. If that doesn't clear it up, email their support team.
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, mine says sold out as well and I haven't even bought it yet. Hope it's just an error. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every HP that goes out the door has a real money value to Demi/d3.  I would guess that  they budget everything carfuly, including contest giveaways and cross-media promotions.  I am not surprised to hear that they limit the inventory for this promotion.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Carol reward was sold out for a little while and became available again.

The new month means new rewards etc, so just be patient.  They might have some cap/throttle to allow D3 to control how much free HP they give out per calendar month.
  • chf5868
    chf5868 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Hey, kids. As far as being sold out, they do that from time to time, not sure of the pattern or frequency. Same thing happened to me, finally saved enough points & it was gone. When I checked back about a week later, there she was. My advice would be to just check every couple of days. They probably cycle rewards like they do all the ways to earn points on the actual site. Some can be done every day, others once a week.
  • lvsmr2
    Thanks for the info. Good to know. 
  • Mrcl25
    Thanks everyone, I will keep checking every now and then.
  • lvsmr2
    Could be a coincidence but the lock out started roughly when the slot sale was on. 
  • Mrcl25
    I checked today and the reward is active again.