Storied Legends Store (3/20/19)

Options
2»

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really up in the air about this one... it's clearly better than the current latest, but I already have OML champed.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Borstock said:
    Thanos said:
    @Brigby It would be nice if they'd announce these stores ahead of time so people can better manage their resources. Please pass it along. 
    I think a lot has been made of the lack of communication between the devs and players, most of it completely unfair of course, but this is one case where I agree.

It is borderline impossible to fully cover a 5* character without one of these stores. A heads up on when to expect them and which characters will be available would go a long way. It could literally mean the difference between getting a character champed now or years from now. My champed Cable, Kitty, and Kingpin mock my 3/1/3 Strang5 and 3/5/3 Thano5. 
    "Borderline impossible"..... I guess I should play the lotto then. I pull classics, and since champing kitty just a bit before she left latests I have managed to champ archangel, black suit spidey, banner, and bolt.
    Math is math. You're acting as if what I'm saying was pulled out of left field. Your personal experience is irrelevant to the actual statistical probabilities involved in getting a 5* character fully covered through pulling classics.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Borstock said:
    tiomono said:
    Borstock said:
    Thanos said:
    @Brigby It would be nice if they'd announce these stores ahead of time so people can better manage their resources. Please pass it along. 
    I think a lot has been made of the lack of communication between the devs and players, most of it completely unfair of course, but this is one case where I agree.

It is borderline impossible to fully cover a 5* character without one of these stores. A heads up on when to expect them and which characters will be available would go a long way. It could literally mean the difference between getting a character champed now or years from now. My champed Cable, Kitty, and Kingpin mock my 3/1/3 Strang5 and 3/5/3 Thano5. 
    "Borderline impossible"..... I guess I should play the lotto then. I pull classics, and since champing kitty just a bit before she left latests I have managed to champ archangel, black suit spidey, banner, and bolt.
    Math is math. You're acting as if what I'm saying was pulled out of left field. Your personal experience is irrelevant to the actual statistical probabilities involved in getting a 5* character fully covered through pulling classics.
    Starting point matters a lot too.  If you are getting 9-11 covers from every new 5* while they are in latest tokens, then finishing them via classics is a lot easier (though still a lengthy and rng-dependent process). 

But for a newer player just entering 5* land, the idea of covering classic 5*s from 0 to 13 covers using just classic tokens, with ~30 characters crammed into the 15% drop rate, is pretty daunting.

And that is without even considering the frustrations of getting poor color distribution.  Imagine you finally get cover number 13 for your favorite classic 5*, but it's a red cover for your 2/5/5 okoye. . .
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    tiomono said:
    Borstock said:
    Thanos said:

Or I could just be saying my luck seems to be on a good streak. I'm having success doing something that is statistically improbable.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I kinda like all these 5* stores. I always try to hoard a bit, but I don't feel obligated to 'hoard until I can almost guarantee a 5* champ from a pulling spree'. My approach is more opportunistic -- if the store happens to feature a 5* I want extra covers for, I pull until satisfied or until I run out of CP. It might take a while to get there, but just progressing along steadily nicking covers here and there.

In this particular case, I really wanted to try to get some more Thanos covers with mine at 3/4/0. And while I didn't need any covers for my maxcovered Strange, any OML covers wouldn't be wasted (4/1/0).  Spent my mini stash of ~500cp, and ended up with 1 Thano5 green and 2 OML red, so I'm not disappointed. Even got 2 4* bonus Shuri covers so I can almost finish my Okoye with a champ reward!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Anon said:
    Brigby said:
    Anon said:
    I just spent 25 CP yesterday and now the character I need 1 cover to champ (Thanos) is in a store.

Welp, that's just my luck.
    ...it wasn't a Green cover that you needed was it?
    Green or Purple. Long as it's not Black.
    Soo uhh...I totally didn't get a Green Thanos cover from that store just now. Nope..

The Community Manager trolling. Love it.  :D
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"Whether it's a legendary hero or villain, there is no shortage of history and backstory that follows them. This is certainly the case with Doctor Strange, Thanos, and Wolverine. That's why we're featuring these three iconic characters in our new Storied Legends Store."

What always amuses me with these is the justification for having a store and who's in it.  As if there's any logical flow or causal link between those sentences.

Because Nutrisse means "nourish"...

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For my own personal pulls I've been keeping track of legendary stores since the Fan Favourites Store during the Anniversary last October. This was the point I had most of the 3*s rostered and was earning enough HP that I could finally start pulling... at least occasionally.

I've put these stores in a handy little table (which i will attempt to insert), to help us with our speculations... 

Date

Store

Featured

Reason

Oct. 04

Fan Faves

Jessica Jones, OML, Dr. Strange

Anniversary celebrations

Oct. 18

Cable

Cable, Archangel, Gambit

Release store

Dec. 13

Kingpin

Kingpin, Thanos, Doc. Ock

Release store

Dec. 21

Family Legends

Thor, OML, Black Bolt

Winter Holidays celebrations

Jan. 16

Doom

GED, Dr, Strange, Banner

Release store

Jan. 21

Masked Vengeance

Green Goblin, Ghost Rider, SMBB

Red Goblin costume

Feb. 19

Fave Legends

Kitty, Thor, Okoye

Wakanda Celebrations

Feb. 28

Captain Marvel

Cap. Marvel, Silver Surfer, Star Lord

Release store

Mar. 11

Legendary Leaders

Cap. Marvel, Iron Man, 1st Cap. Am

CM costume, CM celebrations

Mar. 20

Storied Legends

Dr. Strange, OML, Thanos

Just because?

Sorry about the format, this is the best i can do... 

Between Cable and Kingpin there was a small Halloween celebration which had vaults instead, and on Nov. 26 costumes were introduced, which came with all sorts of spending opportunities, so no extra Legendary stores then.

Masked Vengeance and Legendary Leaders stores were offered alongside with a pricey 5* costume bundle, that gave tokens to these stores instead of LLs.

Most of the extra stores were a part of some kind of celebrations, except this last one...?

To see who has been featured, and how often, I went back to have a look at the stores before the anniversary, and they all seem to just be the release stores (unless I missed something)...

Date

Store

Featured

Sept. 20

Kitty

Kitty, Jean Gray, OML

Aug. 09

Loki

Loki, Thor, Black Bolt

Jun. 28

Wasp

Wasp, Okoye, Jessica Jones

May 17

Okoye

Okoye, Black Panther, SMPP

Apr. 19

Cap. Am (IW)

Cap. Am (IW), Hawkeye, Widow

Mar. 07

Jessica Jones

JJ, Black Panther, Green Goblin

I stopped at JJ, because it is since her cover that I've had every latest (even if just one cover for the 5e), and by a happy coincidence her release rounds this all out to roughly 1 year.

So in this 1 year the only 5* who hasn't been in any of these stores, not once, is Daredevil.
    Everyone else has been featured at least once, if nothing else, in their own release stores (in the case of the newer characters).
    OML of course is the record holder, with 4 store appearances.

So if I were to start speculating, I'd say chances are highest for Hawkeye, Widow (with Endgame looming, chances are really high for them!), SMPP and of course Daredevil to come up soon, either in the release store of the new 5* or any stores offered until then.

Thoughts?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, while I would love more Thanos covers, I don't need more OML champ covers and I can get Strange champed once they roll out 4* feeder (I hope Mordo) for Strange.  It isn't worth spending my LL tokens on the hope of getting mainly Thanos covers when I really don't want more covers for the other two characters.  
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares said:
    Bowgentle said:
    IYeaheahI said:
    Thanos said:

I agree 100%.

I basically missed the Thor/Okoye/Kitty store because it caught me unprepared and I barely had any CP.

It was a very disappointing experience so now I feel forced to save all of my CP and hoard in the hopes that this store will come around again.

The problem with that however is that I find it very un-rewarding to grind without being able to spend my CP. Especially without knowing 'if' and 'when' that moment I am saving for will come.

That's exactly the point.
    You are SUPPOSED to be caught be surprise by these stores so that you feel pressured to do a few buy clubs to get extra CPs.
    I doubt anyone is going to do those now for such an old chars.

Do people still do them, with such a bad streak of releases? (I am genuinely asking, I thought this was something people were not doing anymore). I don't see why anyone would do it now when Thor+Okoye or Rocket+Kitty beat everything, faster than anyone. 
    Well Thanos rules PvE for competitive purposes so I could see people interested in it just for that.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I finally champed OML by pulling from this store. Keep them coming!