Something big coming?

Options
cgrubb80
cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
Is there something big coming with all these sale packs coming in?  I have not been to the boards in about 7 months but have played daily.

Comments

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    cgrubb80 said:
    Is there something big coming with all these sale packs coming in?  I have not been to the boards in about 7 months but have played daily.
    A bigger sale bundle...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nerf update for winter soldier! 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I think this is probably a response to past feedbacks about SCL bundles being available for limited time. I have spent 0 dime on this game and I've being receiving these SCL bundles anyway. Now it's SCL 6. It's good for those who missed these SCL bundles in the first run.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Shield level bundles were first  offered a year ago (Jan-May).  So it’s their Anniversary!

If you are considering spending, they are among the best in game values. 
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ammenell said:
    nerf update for winter soldier! 
    It's funny that you mention Winter Soldier, I already been getting several winter soldier covers these past couple of weeks, more than other 4*s. Coincidence?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    cgrubb80 said:
    It's approaching the end of the fiscal year. Need to make more revenue or the game is gonna get shut down probably.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    cgrubb80 said:
    It's approaching the end of the fiscal year. Need to make more revenue or the game is gonna get shut down probably.
    Everyone wants to look good.  It may not be a "put up or shut down" situation, but certainly it makes sense to push these out for revenue.  They were initially offered in this timeframe last year.

Also worth noting that digital day didn't happen and our uninspiring 5's can't be helping business.  Easy to push out existing bundles (no work to create them etc) vs making new ones.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Speaking of bundles, I think I bought one of these in the past, but I haven't seen it offered again. All I remember is that it had three 4* Rocket & Groot covers in it, and some other stuff I can't recall. Was that likely a non-SCL bundle? Does anyone else remember this deal?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    PuceMoose said:
    Speaking of bundles, I think I bought one of these in the past, but I haven't seen it offered again. All I remember is that it had three 4* Rocket & Groot covers in it, and some other stuff I can't recall. Was that likely a non-SCL bundle? Does anyone else remember this deal?
    I think the bundle you are thinking of was an early Support bundle (maybe).  As in, offered when they launched.  It's the only one I can recall that had any 4RG covers available.

In terms of re-offering bundles:

1.  The only ones I can (so far) ever remember seeing twice are these current Shield Level bundles, which also launched the whole bundle trend.   They may re-offer more bundles as 2019 progresses...or maybe just keep making new ones.

2.  These Shield bundles are only purchasable once per account, at least currently.  This makes some sense from the developer point of view given the relative high value of the purchases.  It may be (I think it is probably true) that the programming is such that all bundles are one-time purchases, so even if they repeat more bundle offers beyond these, you won't be able to buy those a second time.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SL 10 is coming soon 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    *sees title of thread*

That's what she said.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    The end of the fiscal year is a big event for any business.  Very stressful event when things aren't going as planned.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SL 10 is coming soon 
    Pretty sure this statement has been true (according to the in game splash screen) since 2016
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options

My thoughts when I saw the title

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SL 10 is coming soon 
    Unless the thing gives away 5* covers with progression, I cannot understand why anyone wants CL10.
    If I do CL9 with any 5* other than, say, Daredevil, Thanos, Thor, JJ, Okoye or any similar hard hitter it feels like a long, tedious slog. I did CL9 when Cable was boosted and utterly regretted it. Can't imagine doing CL9 for The Hulk.

CL10 would only have highr level enemies and more grind.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is worth nothing that a lot of people are bumping up the SR 200 level cap.  Its definitely time to re up the caps again,  250 or 300 to be conservative.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The only Big Thing I see it's coming are the special bundles created to drain players ' money....

While all players' suggestions for a more enjoyable game ( PROGRESSION REWARDS ONLY for PVE,  fix diluition , slow down new releases, open MMR in PVP, etc.)  are punctually disappointed.
    For new players the game is impossible to catch up with and for the veterans is boring to Hell  :s  
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Upon rereading I realised it probably wasn't obvious so for the record I was joking about the game being shut down if they don't make enough money from the sales (probably). :P But yeah, the end of the fiscal year thing was a serious point. Generally after the fiscal year the performance of those F2P games are going to get evaluated, which is a pretty big event. Last April/May, many games did get the axe because of this.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes, the end.