Consolation for 11th

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
There should be a consolation prize for finishing in 11th. Like... 11th place (and 11th place only) gets a Bagman cover.

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I finished 11th as well in the last PVE event.  It would be fun if there was an extra prize for that.

EDIT: I played my nodes perfectly and didn't miss any points, but apparently I wasn't fast enough for SCL 9.  I could watch bracket flips for less competition, but that takes even more time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finished 21st after finishing one node seconds too late, what do I get?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    If there was a consolation prize for 11th, what would the #12 finisher post here?

*Someone* will always get screwed by placement rewards.  Though at this point I think 4* rewards might be pushed down past the top 10 in cl8 without much risk of ruining the game.  Newer players still need some help dealing with dilution.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's 6th that annoys the hell out of me. Top-5 get an LT in a normal CL9 PvE, so when you just miss it it's particularly frustrating. I agree that it'd be kinda fun to reward people who just miss out on a reward bracket with something that recognises it but is largely meaningless.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I pick the ones I fight hard in these days. This 4-star wasn't worth the fight for extra covers. Yeah, he'll probably be a required S.H.I.E.L.D. Training recruit later and I'll be upset I don't have at least 10 covers for him then, but right now, it's too grindy. Especially since in my sleep deprived brain yesterday I chose SCL9 for Support One Day grind fest instead of SCL7, and had to pay the toll in health packs from minimal progressions...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    11th in particular annoys be since it's the start of the t50 sub prizes.  The amount of effort between 11th and 50th is not small.  I wish prizes were rewarded like PVE end with a 11th - 20th prize bracket.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    If there was a consolation prize for 11th, what would the #12 finisher post here?
    I missed out on a Bagman cover by only X points!

That's what they'd say.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    11th in particular annoys be since it's the start of the t50 sub prizes.  The amount of effort between 11th and 50th is not small.  I wish prizes were rewarded like PVE end with a 11th - 20th prize bracket.
    Except in release events like this one was where the important prizes go to the T20 (a 2nd 4* cover).

Maybe the solution is to keep track of near misses (say 11th through 15th place if you are also within 1% of the 10th place score) and award a 10th place finish after X number of them (say 2 11th finishes gets you 1 10th place award, 3 12th = 1 10th an so on).

KGB