Nick Fury – Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Costume (3/18/19)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
Hi Everyone,

Before Nick Fury founded The Avengers Initiative and eventually became Director of S.H.I.E.L.D, he started out like anyone else on the team, as an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Oh, and he also had two functioning eyes.

Check out the details of the new Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. costume!
Nick Fury Costume Vault
  • Starts: 12pm EST 3/18/19
  • Ends: 12pm 3/22/19
  • 41 Items:
    • 1x Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Costume
    • 2x Latest Legends Token
    • 1x Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Blue Cover
    • 1x Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Yellow Cover
    • 3x Captain America (Super Soldier) [1 of each ability]
    • 3x Iron Man (Model 40) [1 of each ability]
    • 3x Black Widow (Grey Suit) [1 of each ability]
    • 1x 3-Star Support - Carol Communicator
    • 1x 2-Star Support - Chewie
    • 1x 2-Star Support - Quinjet
    • 1x 2-Star Support - The Carol Corps
    • 1x 2-Star Support - Destroyer Gun
    • 15x Heroic Tokens
    • 1x 2,000 Red Iso-8
    • 6x 5,000 Iso-8

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These "good" vaults for 4* character costumes make it all the more infuriating that 5* character costumes have only been offered at $75 apiece.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    No supports in this vault either.  Did they give out too many royal talon fighters last time? [Edit: this information is false. I was wrong!]

As between a decent vault for fury and a good vault for okoye, I would expect much lower sales #s this time.
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    I would call this more of a skin than a costume, it changes his appearance too.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Vhailorx said:
    No supports in this vault either.  Did they give out too many royal talon fighters last time?
    They are a bit to the right in this vault. They are also listed on the original announcement.
    Oops, I stand corrected!
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    These "good" vaults for 4* character costumes make it all the more infuriating that 5* character costumes have only been offered at $75 apiece.
    Okoye's costume was in a vault like this.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    No supports in this vault either. 
    Check again. There's 5 supports in there.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Vhailorx said:
    No supports in this vault either. 
    Check again. There's 5 supports in there.
    You check again! ;)  I have already been corrected in this thread and acknowledged the correction.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I picked up a 10 pack, since that's all I had HP for right now. Didn't get the costume, but I did get one of the LTs, the Coulson cover, and the Carol Corps, so I'm pretty happy with my results there.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,951 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Spent some HP on 2 10 packs and got the Costume, an LT, the Coulson cover and 8 Heroic tokens (only 1 of which yielded a 4*) and a couple of 3* covers. 

Very happy with that result and a new costume/skin.

KGB
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Yippee, I "earned" Nick's costume via the "in-game achievement" of dropping half a Stark's worth of hero points on the vault. </sarc>

Actually, it was for the covers and the legendary tokens, which stubbornly hid until almost the very end, gambling to get them early failed.
    Having known Supports in there was kind of nice versus the Support Circuit system of RNG to get a support token from the vault leading to RNG of which covers are in the store leading to RNG of which of those covers you get leading to RNG of what star level it is.  Of course after you have a support, the vast majority of powers also rely on RNG, but whatever.  Obvious downside is that these supports maxed out at three stars, so for anything higher you still need to chase support tokens.

Personally I think I'd rather stick with the 41-item vaults with only two four-star covers but the tokens only cost a little over 35% of these; this model is too pricey for non-whales to indulge in more than occasionally.  Players with a large HP surplus who used it to chase the two legendary tokens in the vault may feel differently.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gravel said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Okoye's costume was in a vault like this.
    And the Superior Octopus costume for 5* Doc Ock is the first reward for signing up or renewing VIP, though I have no idea how much longer that will last. 
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I actually like that this kind of vault, in that almost everything in it is thematic to the character / movie.   Instead of ones that just give random 2 and 3 stars, this actually fills out segments of the roster (and supports) that relate to the film.  Hopefully more like it in the future!

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why does the costume not even remotely look like Nick Fury in Captain Marvel?  Agree with the previous poster who said there appears to be a skin change as well as a costume change.
  • 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why does the costume not even remotely look like Nick Fury in Captain Marvel?  Agree with the previous poster who said there appears to be a skin change as well as a costume change.
    Same thought: his face reminds me the doctor in the second season of Agent Carter series.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The faces of movie inspired characters almost always look a bit different to the actors.  If Samuel L Jackson's contract with Marvel did not include the right to use his likeness in random Marvel games, the devs would probably need to separately license his likeness.