A couple o' questions

jneidus
jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
I play in SCL7 - I'm just curious what is the max number of CP I could earn per week (PVE only). I realize it depends on what events are run (3-day, 4-day, boss events) but I'm looking for an estimated average (also not including additional CP gained from champ levels or elsewhere, really just strictly from PVE). 

If I assume 2 non-boss events with no 48-hour sub in the 4-day event, there would be:
  • 3 CP per day per sub (1 each for the 5*, 4* and final sub nodes) = 21
  • 30 CP from progression (8+22) for each event = 60
That's 81...am I forgetting anything?

Q2 - Has anyone picked up where Jarvind left off with the mostly accurate 4* rankings? I'm curious where some of the new ones like Bishop would land, as well as looking for some best build recommendations. 

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Q1: You can get a few more for good placements in each sub, depending.

Q2: Nope. Not that I know of. Check the individual character threads for best builds.
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Daily deadpool is PvE ... 2 every 5 days?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hilk said:
    2 every day. The every 5 days is the LT from the Crash.
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Hilk said:
    2 every day. The every 5 days is the LT from the Crash.
    I just do it... don’t look anymore... lol..
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Re: Q2, I don't know that anyone is doing more rankings these days, but I also don't know if the marginal value of new rankings would be super high relative to the existing lists.

Bishop is excellent (esepcially for 5* transitioners) and would definitely be top tier any new ranking.  But he is maybe the only one since rogue. otherwise, it's a lot of mid tier (or worse) 4*.  Ghost and domino are probably the next best, and they are not quite top tier IMO.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    For Q2 there was this:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/849618#Comment_849618

I found it helpful and bookmarked it. Hope it gets updated every now and again.
  • Vhailorx
    edited March 2019
    For Q2 there was this:

Hmm, a decent list. But I have serious issues with putting dazzler at #2 and bishop at #4. 

Bishop definitely chews through health packs. But so does Thanos (and so did sentry when he was the meta). It is not an insurmountable problem is the kit is good enough.  And Bishop's kit is good. At level 350+ play where his passives will activate all the time, he offers something that almost no other character can provide: put bishop on your team and you will have 6-10 blue ap on turn 2.  if an opponent's match damage is high enough, they literally cannot avoid bishop to start the match.  In a speed meta like mpq, that is massive.   He is the most important 4* release for elder game players in a long time.

Dazzler is less of a problem ranking in that she isn't total ****. But she has powers that require taking damage and, unlike bishop, can be avoided easily by an opponent.  Yes, making lots of strikes is good, but 10ap powers that primarily make asp tiles tend not to be worthwhile.  And her green looks like a cheap aoe. But it's **** without lots of tiles out.  So the speed is illusory.

Ghost and domino are both good in that they do what they do pretty well, and what they do is generally useful. They would likely have been meta in October 2015. Now I think they are just a tick behind (but a new player covering them first should definitely be happy).
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    To be fair, when I made that list, I think Bishop just just dropped. I wouldn’t change much in the write ups looking back, but would definitely swap the rank order seeing as how Bishop has cracked the meta. 

For Q2 there was this:

I’m not sure I’m going to update it sadly. I just don’t know now that I’m a 5* player when I’d get a real chance to play the new 4*. I have Namor champed already, but haven’t played him aside from PVE thanos fodder when required. In PVP, freshly champed 4s can’t stand up to 5s. 
  • Vhailorx
    edited March 2019
    To be fair, when I made that list, I think Bishop just just dropped. I wouldn’t change much in the write ups looking back, but would definitely swap the rank order seeing as how Bishop has cracked the meta. 
    No take backs DD!  Your credibility is shot forever. . .

(But honestly, I can get that mistake.  At first glance, both dazzler and bishop seem to be doing similar things with their passives.  It's the second piece (that he both has an effect for taking damage AND will jump out in front) that takes his suicidal AP gen to the next level, because it just cannot be circumvented once match damage is high. I would guess that for most of us tge revelation happened the first time we tried a PvP match against a covered bishop and were being surprise stunned on round 2.)
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I'd posit Prowler is actually a really good 4-star on the right teams. Paired with Carnage and Medusa especially, he really makes the other team eat the tiles Carnage generates for them and one or two hair meddles, the board can do 10,000 damage a turn. Bishop's top-tier, too, as he pairs well with other teams and is good on offense and defense.
  • jneidus
    Thanks for the feedback all. I didn't think about Daily Deadpool, so I would bump that total to 91 week. Good to know.

Re: Q2 - everyone basically confirmed what I had assumed about Bishop. As @spidyjedi84 mentioned, I think Prowler may have some potential too, but other than that, nobody really jumps out. 

Appreciated.
  • Vhailorx
    edited March 2019
    I remain dubious of prowler.  The tile theft is nice, especially if you build for it. But 3* oc has had a similar power for years, and it doesn't save him from mediocrity. 

So prowler seems niche to me, in that he really requires careful team design to excel and only has a few viable partners. That is the textbook definiton of a mid tier character IMO. 
    When people say "character X is great; just run him/her with medusa!" My response is generally: " Yes, Medusa is great with just about anyone because she is awesome.  Don't get confused about who is making that team work."

He is by no means bad. But I think he is behind both ghost and domino, who are easier to use, faster, and play well with a larger group of teammates.  Prowler seems to be in the next tier down, with dazzler.
  • jneidus
    I forgot about Support Circuit which adds 8 CP (I think...7 from progression + 1 from the penultimate node) every 4/5 weeks. Now up to 91-99 CP/week depending on whether or not Support Circuit is run.