Bonus Alliance Command Points! (3/15/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

For a limited time, players that purchase either an Asgard Treasure, Rich Deposit, Stark Salary, or Mother Lode will get bonus Command Points for them and their Alliance! Check out all the details below:
  • Start: 3/15/19
  • End: 3/22/19
  • Bonuses:
    • Asgard Treasure: 3 CP -> 4 CP
    • Rich Deposit: 3 CP -> 4 CP
    • Stark Salary: 7 CP -> 10 CP
    • Mother Lode: 7 CP -> 10 CP

Comments

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I vote this stays forever! 
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    You know, would it have been too much to have run this when HP (or I suppose Iso-8) was on sale? Maybe someone take note of that.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    So how long will it take for someone to comment that this unexpected generous offer, which makes them money, is a sign that the game is going to shut down soon?

EDIT: Or maybe Demi has recently realized that it costs them nothing to put out special sales but it brings in more revenue
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    man those buying clubs must be going wild
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    And over here in Latest Legends, you can use your CP for a chance at 3....um.....you should probably hoard this extra CP.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Demi has clearly brought in a monetization expert over the last year or so or someone on the team read a book or something... seeing lots of tests of offers, likely to compare to past data to see what offers best drive spending and how much spending increases over baseline.

Just plain smart game monetization. Despite declining growth, I would speculate MPQ is generating more actual cash flow today than ever.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    SymmeTrey said:
    Demi has clearly brought in a monetization expert over the last year or so or someone on the team read a book or something... seeing lots of tests of offers, likely to compare to past data to see what offers best drive spending and how much spending increases over baseline.

Just plain smart game monetization. Despite declining growth, I would speculate MPQ is generating more actual cash flow today than ever.
    Maybe.  There has definitely been a much more aggressive pace to sales, special vaults, and other limited time offerings since janaury of this year. 

These things are all much needed in the game, so great.  But the fact that Demi/de went years and years without doing this sort of standard stuff suggests that there must be some impetus for this new philosophy.  Is it that they acquired new knowledge from hires or staff training?  Or is it that their sales numbers were dropping off and they needed to be more proactive to wring every last drop of blood from this stone?  It's pretty hard to tell from the outside.
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Am I mis-remembering, but when they came out, wasn't the idea supposed to be that you could NEVER buy CPs?
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I mis-remembering, but when they came out, wasn't the idea supposed to be that you could NEVER buy CPs?
    You're not... it's a bonus!

:| 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    You're not... it's a bonus!

:| 
    Right, the only way to 'buy' cps at anything approaching a functional price would be to collect 20 people together into an ad hoc alliance and all purchase a Stark Salary together.  That would turn $2,000 into 140 cp (200 with the "bonus") for 20 people. 

But that's insanity.  Would anyone ever participate in that sort 'purchasing association'?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Right, the only way to 'buy' cps at anything approaching a functional price would be to collect 20 people together into an ad hoc alliance and all purchase a Stark Salary together.  That would turn $2,000 into 140 cp (200 with the "bonus") for 20 people. 

But that's insanity.  Would anyone ever participate in that sort 'purchasing association'?
    You might want to put a note, or make it very obvious, that you're being sarcastic. Or else some people here won't realise that's what you're doing, take your response at face value and give a reply based on that.