EXPLOIT!!!

Froggy
Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
I decided to remove the details of this exploit. I sent a pm to @Brigby with the details. But the devs better get onto fixing!!!

Highly unacceptable!

Comments

• UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Froggy, take it easy, my friend! Thank you for reporting and not spreading it too broadly. I agreee, it's a big exploit, but only known since yesterday (at least for me). I spoke to brigby, he is on it. 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    @Brigby we need absolute clarity on this. Last time we got radio silence followed by punishment. I stand by my previous position that if the game allows you to do something then it is legal. If you are going to punish players then there should be an announcement in our inboxes. What do you plan to do about lost points due to these types of decks in TDW next weekend?

* Edit - Switched HoD to TDW
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    The exploit works only in standard events @GrizzoMtGPQ

The question is generally valid though 
  • nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    @GrizzoMtGPQ Brigby is also out for jury duty so lakestone and tombstone are covering the forums
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Froggy, take it easy, my friend! Thank you for reporting and not spreading it too broadly. I agreee, it's a big exploit, but only known since yesterday (at least for me). I spoke to brigby, he is on it. 
    :smile:

Just a momentary outburst. I just don’t want to run into decks that have the exploit. It will be instant death on my part. It is crazy fun (I tried it in TG), but just for giggles. But on competitive events.... Hmmmm....
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    hehe..I think I know which one you're talking about. I've got no clue how they weren't able to catch this one - one should think they'd have tested it after the last one.
    Also, it's really funny. Too bad you can't use it to master cards effectively
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Well, if you talk about the same bug/feature I discover to... I would call it gamebreaker. Watch out in standard events and don't abuse it. Could end in a ban. 

Hope they fix it asap. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    starfall said:
    I guess this hasn't been fixed in 3.3.1, then?
    Think it'll be fixed before The Dragon War goes live @Tombstone?

Otherwise we're going to have another huge cheating debate on our hands and I don't really feel like another one of those so soon after the Timer debate.

UPDATE:  It appears the update just removed the "favorite decks" shortcut.  Not sure if that's the best way to solve this but it definitely will do the trick for now.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone, I've been informed that the issue will be looked into, and the Favorite Decks shortcut will be reimplemented once the issue has been fixed.