Question on “new” 4*s

helix72
helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
Does anyone know when new 4*s aren’t new anymore? Magik became available on 02/14 so I’m guessing it’s one month and I can BH her tomorrow but curious if someone knows for sure. I don’t think the trigger is the next new 4* as I seem to recall at one point having more than one “new” 4* on my roster.

Comments

• MagnaofIllusion
    MagnaofIllusion Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    IIRC 4s are added to LT and CT pulls when new seasons of PvP open.  I can remember past seasons having multiple 4s added at once.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    IIRC 4s are added to LT and CT pulls when new seasons of PvP open.  I can remember past seasons having multiple 4s added at once.

This is correct. A season usually covers two new character releases, and the coming one should be for two fourstars. So expect Talos and ???? added to packs in four weeks' time.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* characters lose their "new" status at the beginning of the next season following their release events (both pve and PvP).

So magik should be in the too pool today or tomorrow.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    4* characters lose their "new" status at the beginning of the next season following their release events (both pve and PvP).

The season begins on Thursday, I believe either 7 or 8pm ET.  Magik will be in the tokens (and lose her "new" status) at that time.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    GrimSkald said:
    Vhailorx said:

The season begins on Thursday, I believe either 7 or 8pm ET.  Magik will be in the tokens (and lose her "new" status) at that time.
    The first event of the new season starts on Thursday. But shouldn't the in-game preview for that event be up late today (Wednesday)?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Token updates for the season actually occur around (usually) 10 am edt in the day of the new season.  The devs do it manually. 

So Magik will be pull-able in about 24 hours.