is it worth chasing IM46?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
I have 8.5 5* champs, including Thanos, thor, strange, HE, DD, and a 12/13 okoye.

I have a token 5* marvel cover already.

Both IM46 and CW Cap are at 10/13. 

Is it worth dropping some CP on the new LT store?

Even 1 or 2 covers for IM46 or cap would let me champ them pretty easily through feeders.

But is that worth it? Neither character is particulalrly good, and would likely only get use when boosted, right?

Better to save my hoard for a better offer, yeah?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If my IM46 was at 10 covers I'd be on this store. I happen to like his build a lot. While not a speed-PvE character, I think he's certainly viable and even dangerous in PvP. It's rare that he's in these stores and his covers are hard to come by.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, not worth it.
    Way too slow for PVP and PVE.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

Well, here's the thing - I look at token selection (particularly the special event stores like on a new 5* release or right now,) as "Do I want more X or Y covers."  Generally speaking, I decide to hoard when the 5* who will next be phased out hits the point where I'd rather have the new guy.  So I started hoarding when I decided I'd rather have more Captain Marvel than Cable (my Cable hit 457, btw.  I was kind of hoping to cover more Doom, c'est la vie.)

It's the same metric on the special stores - so do you want more IM46 and Captain America than you want Kingpin, Cable, and Doom?  None of them are really going to change your game (you're not going to substitute any of these for what you already use in PVE or PVP,) so just go with whatever will give you the most enjoyment of the game.  If the answer is "none of the above," then hoard.

For myself I'll probably indulge in the store a bit - I'm really close to finishing IM46 and my Kingpin is 452, so I'll probably go back to hoarding once I get a handful of Marvel covers...

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought about it.  I need covers for all 3.  But I also know that the 109 LTs I have right now wont be enough to cover Endgame, Carol, and Doom.  So I'm saving CP for that as well.  

With the exception of spending CP to get a cover of endgame in the exclusive offer when its released, just for 5Es.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    @Vhailorx
    Simple answer is no...but.
    If you play PVE and you feel you need the 5 star essential champed, it might not be a bad idea, but it is going to cost you a bunch of command points. 525 command points would get you 21 pulls and in theory a spread of 3 covers.  You would have over a 50% chance of at least one of those covers going to Cap or Ironman.   Or you could get 3 more covers into the paperweight that is 5 star Carol.  Or you could get a bunch of 4 star covers and nothing else.  Or you can get super lucky and get a bunch of five star covers. RNG in small sample sizes can be brutally unpredictable.
    That being said, Cap and Ironman are rather useless compared to what you have. If I were you, I would save up the 720 command points and make Okoye 13/13 or at least make Okoye and Shuri your only favorites bonus heroes. 
    Or you can wait until Okoye is back is the PVE essential and buy a cover for 250 (assuming is is the one you need)
    I don't know when that is, or what color you need. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    I'd say it depends greatly on your playstyle and goals.  Do you tend to just use Thorkoye, or do you like to mix it up and play your other 5s as well?  Do you only play for speed/placement, or do you play for fun?  While Iron Man is a lower tier character, he seems to have a fun kit.  And it's always nice to have another toy to play with for diversity's sake.  I would love to "champ em all" one day, but going back and chasing those hard to get classics is very tough, especially when it detracts from my goal of also wanting to keep up with latests from here on out.  Just know what it is you are potentially gaining and losing, because it won't be the same for each player.  Even identical pulls would mean something different for two people with the same exact roster. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd say it depends greatly on your playstyle and goals.  Do you tend to just use Thorkoye, or do you like to mix it up and play your other 5s as well?  Do you only play for speed/placement, or do you play for fun?  While Iron Man is a lower tier character, he seems to have a fun kit.  And it's always nice to have another toy to play with for diversity's sake.  I would love to "champ em all" one day, but going back and chasing those hard to get classics is very tough, especially when it detracts from my goal of also wanting to keep up with latests from here on out.  Just know what it is you are potentially gaining and losing, because it won't be the same for each player.  Even identical pulls would mean something different for two people with the same exact roster. 
    I'm fairly comfortably able to keep on top of the latest 5*s as they come out - but I'm by no means a casual player and pretty much milk all the CP out of progression in both PVE and PVP, and generally get at least one 4* cover from placement in PVE.  I occasionally play in Classics - between that and BHing 4* to 5* feeders I've actually managed to champ all the 5*s before Doom save for IM46 and Banner.  Of course, I've also been playing this game since before 4* characters were really a thing (Invisible Woman and X-Force both sucked huge rocks when I started playing.)
  • Vhailorx
    @Vhailorx
    If you play PVE and you feel you need the 5 star essential champed, it might not be a bad idea, but it is going to cost you a bunch of command points. 525 command points would get you 21 pulls and in theory a spread of 3 covers.  You would have over a 50% chance of at least one of those covers going to Cap or Ironman.   Or you could get 3 more covers into the paperweight that is 5 star Carol.  Or you could get a bunch of 4 star covers and nothing else.  Or you can get super lucky and get a bunch of five star covers. RNG in small sample sizes can be brutally unpredictable.
    That being said, Cap and Ironman are rather useless compared to what you have. If I were you, I would save up the 720 command points and make Okoye 13/13 or at least make Okoye and Shuri your only favorites bonus heroes. 
    Or you can wait until Okoye is back is the PVE essential and buy a cover for 250 (assuming is is the one you need)
    My okoye is 2/5/5 thanks to the the hfh cover last month.  5 more shuri covers and I will champ her.  No need to spend 720 CP.

I definitely do not need anyone champed for the 5e nodes. Thorkoye or HE/coulson can handle just about any 515 opponents without trouble.

It would basically just be chasing a fun new toy (and Im46 is a fun kit; just totally surpassed by power creep now).
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:
    @Vhailorx
    My okoye is 2/5/5 thanks to the the hfh cover last month.  5 more shuri covers and I will champ her.  No need to spend 720 CP.

I definitely do not need anyone champed for the 5e nodes. Thorkoye or HE/coulson can handle just about any 515 opponents without trouble.

It would basically just be chasing a fun new toy (and Im46 is a fun kit; just totally surpassed by power creep now).
    Sounds good then.  You have about a 5% chance to get a bonus hero when you pull a fou star.  So in theory 100 four star pulls, should net you the cover

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    With 4* marvel and him champed, you can fire him off very quickly, and she is team iron man for the boost. Have not used in PVP, but in PVE, it is fast (add strange for big goon boards)
  • Vhailorx
    Gave it 10 pulls just to see how my luck was.

9x 4* (1x bonus)

2x 5*

A useless Carol yellow cover (the color i already had)

Im46 red (yay!)

Plus a namor (he's ****, but covering the newbies is always nice), a bishop, and 2x shuri covers (3 more to champ my okoye).

So overall a solid return for 250cp.  Think I will quit while ahead, as I could easily spend 500 more CP and not do much better than this.