How can Devs not buff latest 5s ASAP ?

Options
Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
I can't understand how Devs leave the latest 5s released in their current state.  I can't remember 3 - 5s as awful as these ones. KP is just plain bad. Doom is okeish I guess, but nothing special, and Carol is again, just plain bad. You can even add Cable to the mix, which is another character that is it just okeish at best. None is particularly fun to play.

Cap. Marvel is the new face of the MCU and she sucks. God Emperor Doom is a godlike character and he is just meh, and KP is awful, just like the other 4 land KP, can we please have a decent KP in the game?

This game has always been about collecting chars, as we have basically just one game mode (and then the boss battles are the only ones that are a bit different). The only real new content is chars. But these latest batch is so bad that has basically destroyed any motivation to keep playing. Now I need to wait for like 5 months so I can get another three new 5s that are decent in Latest? This is plain wrong.

Devs fix these guys ASAP or just watch your game die (maybe that is what they want... so they can start anew...). It might be me, but I really think we need an official announcement about this.

PS: Is it just me? Am I exaggerating? Or do people think the same? And sure Devs have never done this in the past, but they need to do it now.

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's called going through the motions. Kitty was an oversight.

Minor tweaks are required but they just cannot be bothered. Just get one cover and skip, don't worry about it too much. Eases CP and LT pressure.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Watching Captain Marvel makes me even more disgusted at Carol's design. Without giving anything away, she's just... not the same hero in the movie.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dunno, Mid tier Marvel film (compared to the rest), Mid tier character release. Fits perfectly.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Moving to suggestions

• Polares
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Malcrof said:

Moving to suggestions

Sincerely, I would not say this is a suggestion (I didn't create it as a suggestion). This is more like a final cry for help to save the game. I dont think you should have moved it....
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think GED and cable are both well within the envelope of acceptabke 5* releases.  Not everyone can be the best, and these two characters have decent designs and are functional (just a bit slow compared to the meta). 

Kingpin and Carol are step below.  They should not have been released in their current states.  Carol's only real value added over all previous 5*s is her super high match damage.  KP has basically no added value in the current meta.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    I think GED and cable are both well within the envelope of acceptabke 5* releases.  Not everyone can be the best, and these two characters have decent designs and are functional (just a bit slow compared to the meta). 

Kingpin and Carol are step below.  They should not have been released in their current states.  Carol's only real value added over all previous 5*s is her super high match damage.  KP has basically no added value in the current meta.
    I agree. Though Doom would be much much better with higher match damage, given he’s built to tank. 

If Cables blue transformed non-green to green or charged on cast and when you matched green it would be much much better. These small tweaks would put them higher without them being as good as the meta characters. 
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Polares , you're not the only one. I pretty much agree with all said.

Both Wasp and Captain Marvel sucking on release when I liked their movies and characters on screen really bummed me.

Here's my attempt to make Carol's green faster and better able to help powers on other two colors. 

Event Horizon - at the start of the turn and start of combat, if there are fewer than 3, create 1 ("up to 2" at 5 covers at least, if not at 4 or 3 covers) 3-turn green repeater tile(s) more (maximum 3 of these tiles on the board at any time) so each is at a different phase (3/2/1 turns left), that generate 1 green AP. If you match one, create 3 strike tiles. If enemy matches one, create a 1-turn CD that resolves into a crit.

Photonic Rush - fortifies any friendly special tiles in the (chosen too much?) row buffing them, then destroys that row and one more for every friendly tile on the initial row destroyed. 

• Polares
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

Doom is decent, but there is probably no reason why you would bring him to a fight. And the same for Cable. Not even as third char (just when featured).

I don't need (I don't want) all 5s to be meta, but they should be good or fun, specially because they are still hard to get. HE, Spidey and DD are good examples. They are good chars or add interesting mechanics, they are not meta, but they are USABLE or just plain FUN.

Doom would be so much better by just making his yellow more spammable. Yellow at 7 would make him good. Yellow at 6 would make him very good.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

I agree. Though Doom would be much much better with higher match damage, given he’s built to tank. 

If Cables blue transformed non-green to green or charged on cast and when you matched green it would be much much better. These small tweaks would put them higher without them being as good as the meta characters. 
    Yeah, that hits the nail on the head, I think.  Cable's blue seems ok on paper, but the fact that there may or may not be green matches on the board makes it very variable (and so, not good.)  If Cable had a way to add green to the board (a cheap active or a passive of some kind,) it would be a lot better.