Character Selection Issue

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
So I currently have 3 rostered 3* Thanos (Modern).

1 is 266 maxed.
1 is champed and ~200.
1 is level 43.

For my own reasons I like using the lvl 43 in certain scenarios, but after doing so in a Story Mode node, when I re-enter a node to play the next fight, the lvl 43 has been replaced by the lvl 266.

If I pick someone to be on my force, they should stay there until I change it.

Please let me know when this is resolved.

Thanks.

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s auto-selected the highest level copy of the character for years. Annoying, but not an error. More annoying when fighting a boss and the game selects Hawkguy instead of 5* Hawkeye, Back in Black instead of Homecoming, Patch instead of Old Man Logan and disregards levels, tiers, and preferences. Simply being able to sort in character selection would help immensely.
    But yeah, if the copy of the character we chose last stayed put instead of being “upgraded” each time, that would be greeeeat.
  • jackstar0
    It wouldn't do this to me when I chose my lower-champed version, but does do it when I use the 2-cover version.

So something cover-related seems to be involved.
  • jackstar0
    I stand (though more often sit) corrected. It switched the other champ to the top champ, too.

So I guess I'm just with the rest of the crowd wishing that it would not futz with selected characters between matches.

Why is this even a discussion after this many years?