February Contest Winners! (3/6/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

We recently asked the following question for our February Forum Contest:
  • In total, how many covers of both Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) and Deadpool (X-Force)'s Red abilities have players acquired ever?
We had written down the number at the time we announced the contest, and the correct answer is....
  • 2,618,925 Red Covers!
The players that submitted the 3 closest guesses are...
  • 1st: @sinnerjfl with the guess of 2,655,721
  • 2nd: @and77 also with the guess of 2,6720,08
  • 3rd: @rixmith with the guess of 2,500,000
Congratulations to our 3 winners! Please send me a private forum message by 3/13/19 with your in-game name to redeem your prize! (Please note that if you do not message me by then, we will consider you to have forfeited your prize, and it will go to the player with the next closest guess.)

Thank you so much to everyone that submitted guesses! Keep an eye out this month when we reveal our March forum contest!

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm shocked at how low a total this is given there have been 1,556,350 Dr Strange *bonus* covers awarded.

Both Deadpools have been around far longer than Strange existed never mind the bonus hero feature.

KGB

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every person who asks “who should I bonus” as they start the game will get the same answer:  Strange first.  Then maybe Thanos.

Strange is the biggest boon for new players in the game.  And plenty of existing players.  As soon as you can turn on bonus heroes, you select Strange.

So I’m not surprised how many bonus Strange covers have gone out.

Congrats to all the winners!  My guess was way off, but I had fun spelling “Deadpool” in numbers anyway.  It seemed appropriately 4th-wall-breaking.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    I'm shocked at how low a total this is given there have been 1,556,350 Dr Strange *bonus* covers awarded.

Both Deadpools have been around far longer than Strange existed never mind the bonus hero feature.

KGB

This is just for Red covers, not all colors like the Dr Strange contest.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume "acquired" includes

Vault, progression reward, placement reward, token pull, DDQ, bonus heroes etc. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    KGB said:

KGB

This is just for Red covers, not all colors like the Dr Strange contest.
    Yes, but there are 2 colors here. One for 3* and one for 4* Deadpool. So 2/3 of the total number of Strange covers possible. Although obviously 3* covers are much easier to get so presumably the ratio is something like 2+ million to 500K for 4Pool's red in the 2.6 million total.

Don't forget Strange was bonus only which is supposed to be a 5% rate assuming  you only bonused Strange (I for example have never bonused a single 3* since I was already in 4* land when Bonus heroes came out).

There are also so many more ways to get them (tokens, bonus heroes, deadpool daily, PvE placement/progression, Shield Sim progression, PvP Placement, PvP Season Progression). Not sure if limited vault draws (40 or 80 vault type things) were counted or not but those might need to be added in too. Just consider when it's a Deadpool Red cover in Deadpool Daily. You'd think that would award at least 10K Red covers there alone as surely 10K players complete that.

KGB
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    KGB said:
     (I for example have never bonused a single 3* since I was already in 4* land when Bonus heroes came out).

I use my 3* bonus hero for whichever character I'm trying to rebuild and is closest to 13 covers.  Right now, that would be She-Hulk, who is sitting at 3/5/3 (with six saved bonus green covers)  My Psylocke just hit LVL 266 and got her second one started, so once She-Hulk gets the two covers I need, she'll become my bonus hero.

I missed the "red" part of the contest, but even if I had divided my answer by 3, I would have been way off.  Congrats to the winners!
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
     (I for example have never bonused a single 3* since I was already in 4* land when Bonus heroes came out).

I use my 3* bonus hero for whichever character I'm trying to rebuild and is closest to 13 covers.  Right now, that would be She-Hulk, who is sitting at 3/5/3 (with six saved bonus green covers)  My Psylocke just hit LVL 266 and got her second one started, so once She-Hulk gets the two covers I need, she'll become my bonus hero.
    Is there a reason you only do one at a time?  I bonus all the ones I'm rebuilding.
  • sambrookjm
    KGB said:

Is there a reason you only do one at a time?  I bonus all the ones I'm rebuilding.
    I still have a Psylocke at LVL 266, so no need to make her a Bonus Hero.  I sold of my Max Champed She-Hulk for the ISO I needed to champ Okoye once I got her 13th cover, so she's the only 3-star I don't currently have champed.  Hence, she's my only 3-star bonus hero.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I was really close to winning this one... which is rather amazing given that I entered "2,460,100" as a reference to Les Miserables and wasn't making a serious or educated guess at all.
  • sambrookjm
    CNash said:
    I was really close to winning this one... which is rather amazing given that I entered "2,460,100" as a reference to Les Miserables and wasn't making a serious or educated guess at all.
    I won an earlier contest by guessing "123,456,789" and was off by a factor of 10 on this one when I tried to think about it.  Don't worry about it. :smile:

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said over 18 million. Not even close XD
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    CNash said:
    I won an earlier contest by guessing "123,456,789" and was off by a factor of 10 on this one when I tried to think about it.  Don't worry about it. :smile:
    I think that's one of the beauties of "count the jelly beans in the jar" type of contests. Everyone has an equal chance at winning, which means everyone feels welcome to participate!