R42 Crashes Galaxy Nexus

Options
Shuino
Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
I just updated to R42 on my Galaxy Nexus and the game crashes my phone completely. My Nexus 7 and HTC Rezound both work with no issues. All devices are Android AOSP 4.3.1.

Comments

• Shuino
    Options
    Well woke up this morning after installing R42 to a completely crashed phone. I can't even boot into the thing and after doing a Factory Reset it just crashes on the Home Screen. I have no idea what the hell MPQ did to my phone....
  • MPQ doesn't ask for root access so there is a small chance it is the main culprit. It couldn't access system files. Most probably it is just a coincidence.
  • Shuino
    Options
    Reremnu wrote:
    MPQ doesn't ask for root access so there is a small chance it is the main culprit. It couldn't access system files. Most probably it is just a coincidence.

That's what I'm thinking now also, I'm completely unable to boot into anything now. Even after a complete wipe of everything I'm just stuck at the Google logo before the boot screen now....
  • Do you have custom recovery installed? Flashing stock images via recovery or using adb/fastboot might help.

My HTC Desire Z was once in similar state, reflashing stock images was the only thing that worked.
  • Shuino
    Options
    Reremnu wrote:
    Do you have custom recovery installed? Flashing stock images via recovery or using adb/fastboot might help.

My HTC Desire Z was once in similar state, reflashing stock images was the only thing that worked.

Yep, I'm trying to get back to Stock and Unroot the thing now.
  • yeah i HIGHLY doubt r42 caused this hahaha. so misleading. in general, if stock doesn't work, that means ur phone is pretty much fubar, means time to get an s4 teehee
  • Shuino
    Options
    Even getting back to stock my phone will freeze when prompted to connect to Wifi when setting up the phone. No idea what the hell happens after I installed R42 but something just completely wrecked my phone lol

I'm going to try Odin now and if this doesn't work I'm getting a Nexus 5 and jumping ship from Verizon lol
  • You can always try ROM from http://www.cyanogenmod.org/ If you never tried it it is like stock+fixes+ some additional useful settings
    I know that stock should be the best one but in Android quite often it isn't. (for me it was like: HTC stock for my Desire Z = battery life is horrible, stock for Nexus 4 = phone getting hot, colours little off, Sony Xperia J = with stock forget about multi tasking)
  • Shuino
    Options
    Reremnu wrote:
    You can always try ROM from http://www.cyanogenmod.org/ If you never tried it it is like stock+fixes+ some additional useful settings
    I know that stock should be the best one but in Android quite often it isn't. (for me it was like: HTC stock for my Desire Z = battery life is horrible, stock for Nexus 4 = phone getting hot, colours little off, Sony Xperia J = with stock forget about multi tasking)

I have been running ParanoidAndroid for months now only went to stock to hopefully fix my issues which it still didn't. I'm hoping leaving the battery out over night helps.