R173 release notes unavailable on the forum.

Histamiel
Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
edited March 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
I have updated the game and the release notes are not available in the Forum. I usually get the infos there. What are the changes we could expect for this update @Brigby?

Comments

• Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Update breaks game on Huawei Y6.... Again
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Brigby is in CA, so one should take that into consideration when wondering about posts, updates etc. 

This wouldn’t be the first time notes aren’t up immediately.
  • Histamiel
    Usually the notes are avaible on monday afternoon prior to updates being available on the stores.
  • bluewolf
    This was posted on the in-game Help “News” section. Maybe there are no significant changes this time. 

R173 Release Notes (3/4/19)

Hi Everyone,
    Here are the Release notes for the R173 update!

MPQ 173
    Soar with Captain Marvel in Marvel Puzzle Quest!
    – A brand new Cosmic Chaos Event featuring Captain Marvel starts on March 7.
    – New Character: Talos Coming Soon!
    – Check-in often for special offers, rewards, and Captain Marvel content.
    – Various improvements and character balance changes.
  • Histamiel
    Thanks @bluewolf
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    This was posted on the in-game Help “News” section. Maybe there are no significant changes this time. 

R173 Release Notes (3/4/19)

Hi Everyone,
    Here are the Release notes for the R173 update!

MPQ 173
    Soar with Captain Marvel in Marvel Puzzle Quest!
    – A brand new Cosmic Chaos Event featuring Captain Marvel starts on March 7.
    – New Character: Talos Coming Soon!
    – Check-in often for special offers, rewards, and Captain Marvel content.
    – Various improvements and character balance changes.

These are the exact same patchnotes that are available on the appstore.

Since they have to be submitted along with the actual update, and apple takes a few days to approve the uppdate, those patch notes have had to be ready at least last Wednesday, possibly earlier.

You'd THINK it would be possible for Demiurge to send Brigby the patch notes when they submit to Apple.
    You'd ALSO think he'd manage to post them on time, say on Friday?
    Worst case scenario, the update gets rejected and has to be re-submitted.

But of course there's always option 2, pretend the notes are top secret and only available a few hours after the update goes live and post them late.

Cause, you know, it's only the official forum here.

• bluewolf
    I happen to know from his sharing on Discord that Brigby has been selected to serve on a jury.  Of course, there are other D3 folks that have filled in before so I assume that any important announcements (such as details for the upcoming new PVE) will be posted if he is unable to do so.

But its certainly possible that the extent of the announcements this time around are the same as the Apple store notes, since they are launching a new event and character.  (And who knows, maybe a Support as well.)

Last time (172) they only "fixed a small visual artifact on the Okoye Deep Cover costume" and fixed the weirdness around where the cover stores sorted when you had tokens for them.  Which, great. 

But maybe no bug fixes this time.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. @bluewolf is correct about my being selected for jury duty, and unfortunately today is the first day I've really been able to jump back into the forum.

There will be days this month where I unfortunately will be unavailable again, but I'll be working with the rest of the team to figure out how we can communicate information to you all during my absences.

As for the R173 release notes, I'll be sure to post that today, so the forum has its own copy. Thank you all for understanding!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. @bluewolf is correct about my being selected for jury duty, and unfortunately today is the first day I've really been able to jump back into the forum.
    I offer my: (1) thanks, (2) congratulations, and (3) condolences, Brigby. In that order. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

There will be days this month where I unfortunately will be unavailable again, but I'll be working with the rest of the team to figure out how we can communicate information to you all during my absences.

As for the R173 release notes, I'll be sure to post that today, so the forum has its own copy. Thank you all for understanding!

I OBJECT!!!  :D  good luck @Brigby

Image for Piecing Together Marvel Puzzle Quest Captain Marvel
    If only She Hulk had a Phoenix Wright pose. Or Daredevil. Oh, can we make a full legal team!? Nothing in the roster strikes a note with me. Too bad Judge Dredd isn’t a Marvel character. Oh well.
    Oh, but you can field a full team of national rulers in President Osborn (Green Goblin), Black Panther, and Victor von Doom. Not a viable team, but could be a goof for Deadpool’s Big Enchilada.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    Brigby said:

If only She Hulk had a Phoenix Wright pose. Or Daredevil. Oh, can we make a full legal team!? Nothing in the roster strikes a note with me. Too bad Judge Dredd isn’t a Marvel character. Oh well.
    Oh, but you can field a full team of national rulers in President Osborn (Green Goblin), Black Panther, and Victor von Doom. Not a viable team, but could be a goof for Deadpool’s Big Enchilada.
    Clearly, She-Hulk, with Settlement, Furious Charge, and Power of Attorney is our advocate of choice, no?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Brigby said:

Clearly, She-Hulk, with Settlement, Furious Charge, and Power of Attorney is our advocate of choice, no?
    Only because Demiurge didn’t include Blind Justice in either Daredevil’s power set. Maybe as a power that transforms to Street Level Law, and include an interaction with villains (more damage, lower cost, longer stun, etc.).