March Q&A Session - Question Submission (2/28/19)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

We'd like to open up this month's question submission thread for March's questions.

In order to make it easy to collate and compile all questions, we would like to kindly ask all players limit themselves to only one comment. Due to the combination of the two months though, players may submit their top 3 questions they'd like to submit. (Brief explanations are fine, but please no novels) We will then compile a list of the top questions asked by the community, and Oktagon will answer as many of them as they are able to.

We will be closing the submission thread on Friday 3/8 at 18:00 PT / 21:00 ET / Saturday 3/9, 02:00 UTC. We will then compile the questions, and send it over to Oktagon for review and answering. Once they have done that, we will format it and prepare it for posting in the forum.

If you would like to submit a question, then please post a comment below to participate. Thanks!

Comments

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do you have any plans to provide more explicit answers to our concerns about the glaringly obvious problems with the XP system?
  • KSV
    KSV Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Are we going to get the basic/bad pw's rebalance?
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will we ever see a continuation to story mode?
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are y’all ever going to give us 12 or more hours after the last charge so the game doesn’t interfere as much with sleep and work?
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Every question so far has already been answered. I think we've run out of things to ask.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Brakkis - I think that it mainly a question of being more specific.

Story mode - what is the current timeframe for a new chapter in story mode?

Event finishing - what are the developers three best ideas for fixing the problem players have with completing the final recharge on nodes in coalition events?

Rebalancing PW - based upon match-statistics, which PW is currently highest on the hotlist for rebalancing?

A few questions of my own.

What is most important criteria in the developers prioritisation of known bugs? E.g. which bugs gets fixed first?

Do you plan on changing the current schedule for introducing new sets? As an example, you could combine two MTG sets into one and then only implement that set.

Are you considering using veterans deck building skills to create more events faster? I would think many players would help out for a token assignment of in game currency (I may be wrong though)
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well since you guys can't seem to figure out this is what we want, please answer the following:

1.  How much xp is required to master each rarity of card?
    2.  Please provide your leveling table/formula, with how much xp is required to reach each level and what rewards you get at each level.
    3.  How did you determine how much xp is required to reach each level?  Why does that number stop increasing where it does?
    4.  What (as specific as possible) measures will be taken that will allow a player at level 41 with ~1600 mastered cards catch up to someone who is level 60 with ~1600 mastered cards?
    5.  How EXACTLY will matchmaking work with the new level system?  Will it be ±5 levels?  ±10?  Some other method?
    6.  Why did you not communicate any of this information when update 3.2 was released?
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When are you fixing the xp “system”?
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    Tremayne said:
    @Brakkis - I think that it mainly a question of being more specific.
    The idea is to play 20 questions, is it?
    Why is @starfall flagged? I do get what to be offended by, so is there something offensive here?

something like that
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since we will likely have Ravnica Allegiance by the time this is answered, I will ask about something from the November Q&A:
    Brigby said: 
    Are there plans for new event formats, such as Planechase, Commander, Sealed/Draft, and Release events?
    Yes. We have intentions to implement, in a not-so-near future, the MTGPQ versions of Planechase and Draft. However, both event formats mentioned will probably not be available before the second semester of 2019, as our main goal is to improve Duel Decks and other existing events.
    Is improving Duel Decks still the priority over Planechase and Draft?

If so, will you be directly seeking player input on how to improve it? (As in a specific thread on the forum for discussion rather than just gathering feedback from previous forum posts.)

If not, which of the remaining two would receive priority? Planechase or Draft?

I personally think adding a new mode would be better for the game over improving Duel Decks for the time being. Even if ZvE isn't the greatest event, it's at least something different. Adding Planechase or Draft would allow players to have yet another unique event type to enjoy while they wait for Duel Decks to be improved.

P.S. Add Planechase, it's awesome.

P.S.S. Take the time to do it right and please gather player input before even making the event and then give us a Beta.

Thanks
  • ShaarkBiite
    ShaarkBiite Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    1. Do you think it's time to relent on card mastery yet? 
    2. Why can't we just have all the charges upfront, always? Drown me with your data.
  • jogamundo
    jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can you please retain the app config settings to my facebook login?

When i log off and back on again I have to correct my settings because they are reset.
     (music/sound/power saving/card visual aid)
    also coalition chat, the new user profile feature notification, rate this app notification.

• Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Are the Training Grounds XP points ever going to increase?  I haven't touched them since the change and they now seem pointless
    Will event prizes ever get better than just a booster pack that 9 out of 10 times doesn't have a rare or higher? 
    Can we please have new weekday events?  If yes what are they and when?

• OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options

P.S. Add Planechase, it's awesome.
    This isn't a question, but: YES. YES. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY, YES.
  • Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I ran into an old post regarding v2.0 changes two years ago and I saw this:

V2.0 release notes excerpt starts here: --------------------------->

SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS

Game-wide responsiveness has been improved. The game also features better memory management and there are game-wide performance upgrades, as well as faster load times.

We will keep working on the game to improve its responsiveness and improve the basic UI as time goes forward to ensure the game experience is the best it can be.

We have also greatly improved the Fabricate mechanic’s animation by removing the animated trail that ran from the support to its target. This greatly speeds up the use of Fabricate. As of now this only applies to Fabricate, but if needed we can add it to more Supports as well.

<----------------------------- V2.0 release notes excerpt ends here

Here's the link to the whole post: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63079/v2-0-release-notes-4-27-17

I have two questions:

1) My son quit the game last year because he couldn't take the slow loading times.  Currently, I have my phone go to sleep after 30 seconds of inactivity and my phone would go to sleep before I could do anything when I start the game.  I don't think it has ever been this slow before v2.0 and so I would like to ask if the game loading time is something that you have looked at and is planning to improve in future updates?  If so, when can we expect it?

2) I was surprised to see that trail animations can be removed and have been removed before, in this case with Fabricate.  Furthermore it can be added to more supports as well!  Can this be added to the support that Huatli 2's first ability creates?  Huatli 2 is one of my favorite PWs but have been avoiding using her lately because it's just too slow when I play my favorite deck (March of Multitudes + Path of Discovery).

Thanks for the opportunity you gave us to send questions to the developers!

• Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any chance of using runes for something other than pw's  got 2.5 million of them and have all the pw's. Sure would be nice to have another use for them. 
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Given the lag time between paper release of Allegiance and the PQ version...

How far in advance are you able to start planning for the next expansion? Is work and planning underway now for War of the Spark? Does that even really start until the end of April when WAR hits?

Obviously you're planning features related to the game and game modes at least six or so months out, but what about the individual expansions?

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    What about new Coalition events?

We went from 3 per set to 1 to none. Two sets without any coaltion events leads me to the conclusion you want to get rid of the coalition concept, this leads to my second question :

What are your plans about coalitions?

This discussion has been closed.